Too ambitious? Salta, Iguazu and Urug... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Too ambitious? Salta, Iguazu and Urug. in 19 days « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Thomas Schröder
Username: Thomsch

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Folks,

this is a very nice forum and I already learnt a lot just reading. Now I hope to participate in your experiences...

After a few days BA we want to start from BA via Santa Fé, Santiago and Cafayate to Salta and Jujuy, then cross the country over via Corrientes (how´s the road to there, does anyone know?) to Iguazu and the Misiones area and then head down to Concordia and into Uruguay (some days Montevideo and Punta del Este). Then back to BA (ferry?).

All these more or less 5300 km will be done with a rented car and - now that´s the point - we have only 19 days for the tour. I don´t mind driving for long hours or in heavy traffic (drove in Cairo and Naples etc.), but I´m not sure about the road conditions. Can it be done and does it make sense or is it just a stupid idea and we should cancel some of the destinations?

Thanks a lot,

Thomsch

Jan Lettinga
Username: Heart_of_argentina

Post Number: 19

Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dear Thomas,

We have had customers who did more or less the same trip, all in about 21 days. So if you tighten up the schedule a little bit more, I definitively think this is possible.
The road conditions are okay, it is all paved roads you will take. Little highway, many two lane roads. I always calculate with an average of 80-90 km per hour here in Argentina.

If you want more detailed information please send me a private message.

Good luck and have fun!

Jan Lettinga

Thomas Schröder
Username: Thomsch

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 7:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dear Jan,

thank you for your advice. 80-90 km/h sounds good.

All the best,

Thomsch

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration