Buenos Aires June 12 to June 21 Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Buenos Aires June 12 to June 21 « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kenny Davidson
Username: Ksdnwla123

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

hi all,

my friend and i will be traveling to buenos aires june 12 to june 21. i am from Los Angeles, and he is from Washington DC. we are going to meet up in BA and hopefully have a great time there.

any tips you can pass along would be great.
like, where are the coolest places to see that you can travel to and from in one day. we are going to be staying in BA the entire time, but would like to make a couple of day trips that are not too long and we can get there and back easily.

also, we neither one speak spanish. i know a word or two, but not nearly enough to have an intelligent conversation on any level. so i was wondering how much trouble we will end up in NOT knowing Spanish.

thanks for reading and sharing.

Michelle Alison
Username: Michellealison

Post Number: 23
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Kenny and welcome to the forum.

Although you will find lots of Argentines who speak English to some degree, it would be a much nicer trip if you had some Spanish. As you have loads of time before you arrive, I really would suggest that you learn some Spanish. There are loads of Spanish learning websites, so you don't even need to leave your home.

With regard to day trips, the two most popular ones are Tigre which is about an hour from Buenos Aires and Colonia (Uruguay).

Enjoy your trip.

Michelle

Michael George
Username: Mgeorge

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi everyone,
similar to kenny my fiance and i are planning to travel to argentina in late may/early june for about 10 days. we don't want to do any winter sports but would like to see buenos aires, wine country, and another part of argentina. what would be good places to visit this time of year that won't be too cold? Iguazu? Salta? Bariloche? Thanks! -Mike and Diane

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1821
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Michelle's recommendations for short trips are excellent.

As for wine country, you may want to explore Mendoza/San Juan to the west. About the only place that will remain warm during June would be the northeast (Iguazu). Salta will be very cold as well as Bariloche (and Mendoza).

Although in Salta you could also do some wine tours in Cafayate, if you can cope with weather (excellent Torrontes, considered a unique varietal in the world). Another alternative would be to explore more of Misiones (where Iguazu is) as there are more things to do there. One crazy idea would be to visit Las Grutas in Rio Negro which is a warm water beach.

Victor W.
Username: Wvictor

Post Number: 68
Posted on Saturday, July 11, 2009 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I guess is time to unsubscribe from this forum, 40 emails with this spam today.

MIchael Calero
Intermediate Member
Username: Michael795

Post Number: 112
Posted on Saturday, July 11, 2009 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Honestly, Victor I been a member here for sometime and yet nothing like spam has ever occured. You must be very popular..

Victor W.

Post Number: 69
Posted on Saturday, July 11, 2009 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

From today

All the same message promoting a service... if that is not spam what it is?

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1878
Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I can catch most of the spam but some sophisticated scripts that I won't mention can automatically create logins and establish dialogues between multiple members created for the ocassion and innocently drop urls like the post above to escape scrutiny of moderators, specially if set automatically to post at certain intervals or times like a saturday night or Sunday when there is less screening.

I have done my utmost effort -for free- to moderate this place for the last 5 years. I do not know how well I did but if you are unhappy I can close your account at your convenience.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1879
Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What makes this so sad it is the fact that it came from an argentine IP address 190.19.73.103

Victor W.

Post Number: 70
Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry Roberto, but is very frustrating when I need to read an important email and suddenly 80 email download on my Iphone and the one I need dissapear because of those 80. Also for some reason I'm receiving all the emails twice, so that was like 80 at once.

Can't you use an image verification system? Or simple questions only humans can answer? Like which color is my black cat? :-)

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1880
Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A captcha may be useful for signing up but the new bots can read them and can now answer intelligent questions. I also think that it will be utterly annoying to have a captcha *after* signing up once a member is ready to start posting/answering inquiries at the forum. Supposedly, once registered... it has to be a human (NOT). We have some measures in place to contain spam but it all boils down to human moderation and at 8pm on a Saturday night -when this spam happened- I wasn't in front of my computer until next day.

I completely understand being annoyed. I already received many complaints from handheld users so I see your point. I had to spend a good part of 4 hours cleaning this up and I won't be able to erase this damage from the memory of the members here, some of which will cancel their accounts. So at the end of the day this idiotic spam is incredibly damaging.

And I would like to take advantage of this note to strongly apologize to ALL members who have been affected.

Cristina Larson
Username: Marypickford

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I also got the 80 e-mails. Lucky for me I was not in my PDA, so I just went and deleted them at once!

elina overstadt
Username: Agustina

Post Number: 34
Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

FYI I have been getting emails from you out of sequence and some going to spam..I didnt get the big dump though

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1882
Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have changed the way users register to the forum so from now on all new registrations will be manually approved. This way, I can keep better track of the new registrants and their behaviour. I am hoping this will further reduce potential problems like the above.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration