Advice for BA trip Feb/Mar 2006 Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Advice for BA trip Feb/Mar 2006 « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

david Black
Username: Dgb

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 9:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,
I'm planning a trip to BA for the last week in Feb and 1st week in March 2006. I'm hoping to attend the U2 concert and was hoping you might be able to advice me how to obtain tickets. Is there anyway I can get tickets through an agent.

Also I am hoping to attend a concert or opera at the Colon theatre. I've been to their website but can seem to find a schedule for 2006, can you help.

Also can you recommend budget accommadation that is in a safe area.

Thanks for any help you can give. D

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 229
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

David, we just called the theater. The new schedule will become available in about 10 days and will be published on their website. If you ever need to contact them their phone number is Tel: (54-11) 4378-7100 and there is an option for english. You must contact 'press' to find out about the coming schedule.

Budget accomodations in safe area can also be 4 stars hotels. There are a miriad of options but when researching focus on the following neighborhoods: Retiro, Barrio Norte, Palermo, Plaza Francia, Recoleta. We like the Wilson on Santa Fe Ave. and Callao Ave. As I said, there are many other options.

As for the U2 concert tickets it should be all over the place. If you can't find information online it is probably because it hasn't happened yet and they are still selling the Rolling Stones concert.

Below is a list of places where that concert is being sold. I imagine that U2 tickets will be available in the same spots:

Abasto Shopping Musimundo (Corrientes 3247)
LU A VIE 10 A 21, SÁB Y DOM DE 10 A 15 Y 15.45 A 20.

Barrio Norte Musimundo (Santa Fe 1844)

Microcentro Musimundo (Florida 770)

Lee Chi (Santa Fe 1670)
LUNES A SÁBADOS DE 12 A 20.

Alto Palermo Local Ticketek (Arenales 3360)
TODOS LOS DÍAS DE 10 A 22.

Estadio Pepsi Music - ex Obras (Libertador 7395)
LU A VIE 10 A 22, SÁB Y DOM DE 10 A 15 Y 15.45 A 20.

Cabildo Musimundo (Cabildo 1873)
LU A SÁB DE 10 A 21.

I would not know if travel agents can buy this for you but perhaps someone shows up on this thread with an offer...

david
Username: Dgb

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, December 09, 2005 - 9:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for your quick reply.
I was hoping maybe there would be somewhere on the web to book tickets for U2 shows, is there a ticketmaster.argintina or any agents that would arrange tickets for me. As it is unlikely that tickets would still be available when I arrive in BA.

Once again thanks for you help. D

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 239
Posted on Friday, December 09, 2005 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You can try http://www.ticketek.com.ar/

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration