4 WEEKS IN ARGENTINA IN JANUARY...WHE... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » 4 WEEKS IN ARGENTINA IN JANUARY...WHERE TO GO? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

morana
Username: Croata

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 3:29 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hola!

I need some advices, please. We're coming to Bs As in a few days, and staying there till new years. The plan was to go to the north, Salta and around, and then to enter Bolivia (Tupiza) for a 4 day tour around Salar de Uyuni. But I can't get any good information about the real political situation in that part of Bolivia at the moment. Does anybody know, is it OK to travel there?

Also, I wonder if Salta is maybe just too hot to visit in January. I would really like to experience argentinian culture and to feel the life there, practice spanish, and enjoy.

Is it better to go to Patagonia instead of the north? What would you recomend on the south in January?

I'm just too confused, it's not good to plan in the last moment! So please, somebody give me an advice how to spend 16 days in January, to get the most of Argentina..... :-)

muchas gracias

ivan G
Username: Ivagagio

Post Number: 32
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 3:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi :o) Both (North and South) are really Beautiful Ib Bolivia there are always some problems...but most of the time problems are on the North. My brother Visited both you can check some videos...but anyway both choice are good :o)
North Argentina:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFCbICYXcXw&feature =channel_page
Uyuny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-UhC5i6858&feature =channel
From Salta to Tupiza:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmrtzkPE4uY&feature =channel
Trekking in Torres del Paine (Patagonia)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Q4y5dfwjw&feature =channel

Enjoy the movies and your trip!! :o)
I envy you!!! :o)

Jan Lettinga
Username: Heart_of_argentina

Post Number: 13

Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 6:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Morana,

I would definitely go see the northern and central parts of Argentina. To really experience what you are looking (the authentic life and culture of Argentina) go for Jujuy, Salta, Misiones and the heartland (Córdoba, Mendoza, San Juan) of the country. In these provinces indigenous culture is still alive and of course often mixed with the modern way of Argentinean life.

Enjoy!

Jan Lettinga
(from the Sierras de Córdoba)

Edward George
Username: Xfiltrate

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 8:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dear Croata,

The weather and political climates can change very rapidly in South America.

You have the right idea of checking weather and political forecasts before your visit. You are certainly on the right track, by planning ahead, but perhaps being flexible is just as important. You might have to make decisions based on new data learned only after you arrive.

Now, there exists a simple remedy for any time you are feeling confused.

ONE, focus on one particular aspect of your trip, handle that as completely as possible, if not complete.... put it aside

TWO, select another aspect of your trip and handle that. Etc.

All confusion disappears when you proceed in this manner. Confusion generally occurs when you become overwhelmed by trying to solve more than one problem at a time.

So, just relax, know that you will make good decisions and know that you are flexible enough to change your plans if the weather and/or politics change.

As an international motorcycle adventurer, I am continually asked which route in Argentina is the best? My answer is always the same, "the route you are on."

Elisa and I live in Buenos Aires please visit our web site: www.Xfiltrate.com and call or e-mail if we can further assist you. xfiltrate

Living in Patagonia
Username: Soulskier

Post Number: 60
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 6:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

January is the heat of the summer. You should consider heading south to Patagonia, the weather is perfect that time of year. Suerte!

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1812
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Edward, we appreciate your contribution but is best to leave links and self-promotion aside. Other members who run blogs and offer services do not post links.

Morana, I do not think you may run into any problems in Bolivia. But like Edward mentioned things can change unexpectedly. Here is the current weather in Salta and here is the historic weather data. Usually, Patagonia and the south in general are both very enjoyable during summer months... Bariloche, Neuquen, Rio Negro, Chubut.

(Message edited by admin on December 19, 2008)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration