How do you get from Buenos Aires to M... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » How do you get from Buenos Aires to Mar de Plata? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

luis alberto
Username: Sammy7

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I will be going to Argentina for the first time in Feb. I will probably stay in Mar de Plata. How do I get from Buenos Aires to Mar de Plata? IS there a Train or airplane? how do I fond out the cost and how to purchase tickets? any help will be greatly appreciated.

Michelle Alison
Username: Michellealison

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Most people come down to Mardel by coaches. This is the best option. Flying is expensive and you never know with the trains whether you will make it here, as they are so old and slow.

A bus takes about 5 hours and costs around 75/80 pesos one way. If you need any more advice about Mardel, please feel free to ask as I live there.

Regards

Michelle

luis alberto

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 7:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

thank you so much for the advice. This will be my first time in Mar Del Plata. so i dont know what to expect. I heard its a really nice city and that the food was great.

Michelle Alison

Post Number: 10
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 8:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I love the city and couldn't imagine living anywhere else. February is a great time as it is a bit quieter than January. If you need any help with accommodation please let me know.

Regards

Michelle

luis alberto

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well i got the tickets. I will be down ther feb 14th. I will be staying at a family friends aprtment. is flying to mar del plata alot more expensive? Can you take the coach right from the airport or is it in another location? Thanks for your help

Michelle Alison

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

When you say you got tickets, do you mean tickets to Argentina or do you mean coach or airplane tickets to Mar del Plata? As I said before, flying from Bs As to Mar del Plata is a lot more expensive, especially if you are not Argentine as there are two price tiers - locals and foreigners.

There is a bus service directly from Ezeiza to Mar del Plata with a company called Manuel Tienda Leon and you can book online. The journey time is approx. 6 hours and costs 110 pesos one way (August 08 price).

Regards

Michelle

Jan Lettinga
Username: Heart_of_argentina

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, November 08, 2008 - 8:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Luis,

Once in Mar del Plata maybe you'll have the opportunity to visit sites which are much more quiet, like for example Mar de las Pampas or Mar Azul (http://www.welcomeargentina.com/marazul/index_i.h tml). February in Mar del Plata is very crowded, it is the summer holiday of the Argentineans.

Have a good trip,

Jan Lettinga
Heart of Argentina Travel

luis alberto

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, November 09, 2008 - 11:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I purchased the tickets from thr US to Buenos Aires. Once there I will take the coach to Mar DEl. A friend od my brother is going to let us stay in his apartment and invited us to go to punta del este for a day. Im really exited for this trip. I hope to eat in some great resturants. Is it easy to find bakeries? I want some bread and facturas. Is it also easy to find internet cafes? I need internet to find some resturants there. Thanks for all the advice

Michelle Alison

Post Number: 12
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2008 - 7:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

You can buy tickets from Ezeiza to Mardel with this company online http://www.tiendaleon.com.ar/prehome.asp. They are very good and very reliable. They are a well known company in Argentina and I have used them. As you are coming during the high season, I would suggest you book well in advance.

Punta del Este is a bit too far to go for the day and also, you need to go from Buenos Aires. Most people go to Colonia for the day, which is the nearest Uruguay city to Buenos Aires.

There are many confiterias selling bread and facturas and internet cafes on virtually every corner. You certainly won't be disappointed.

If you let me know what area you will be staying in, I can give you information regarding restaurants.

Michelle

(Message edited by admin on November 17, 2008)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration