Varied interests in a 10-12 day trip Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Varied interests in a 10-12 day trip « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Monica
Username: Mbou

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2008 - 7:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Great forum, very informative! We are planning our 10th Anniversary for next mid-late August and are probably trying to fit too much into too short of a trip (10-12 days)...any help is greatly appreciated. We would like to incorporate a little of each of the following: good food, some history, beautiful sights, wineries and skiing. No need to stay long in each place. We like the outdoors but not too much trekking. We also understand the challenges August may bring weather-wise. Ideally, we'd like to visit a little bit of Chile too but that may be way too ambitious. I think the best place to start with us would be: Is the above plan even possible? What would be the best itinerary to incorporate what we want? Thanks sooo much!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David
Username: Dave321

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You can travel throughout Argentina and combine it with Chile, but please take into account that Argentina is a large country, and you will have to fly between all the destinations. If you want to combine your trip with Chile, I would recommend you traveling to Mendoza, which is close to the border with Chile. If I were you, I would go to Buenos Aires first, spend a couple of days there, travel to Mendoza, spend a day or two there, and then travel to Santiago, from where you can visit Valparaiso and Vina del Mar in Chile. Since you mentioned skiing, you might want to go to Bariloche, but it all depends on the logistics of flights, etc. Maybe some other people on this board can add some input.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration