3 week honeymoon in Argentina Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » 3 week honeymoon in Argentina « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rich Alden
Username: Richalden

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey everyone ... my fiance and I are getting married in October and will be honeymooning in Argentina for three weeks in November. I love planning trips, but due to the scale of the country I'm finding this a little daunting!

We're keen to take in Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires, Mendoza, Bariloche and maybe Calatafe/Ushaia - is that too much? I'd welcome some pointers ...

Also, is it worth booking internal flights and accommodation now or better to wait until we're there?

Any info or thoughts are welcome - particularly on the best way to get around the vast distances ...

Thank you.

Paul Bourque
Username: Itellya06

Post Number: 5

Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Rich,

I spent 4 weeks in Argentina and visited the exact same place as you indicate in your post. Have a look at my blog about some of the great stuff you will see there and some of the ideas about planning your great trip.

www.itellya.blogspot.com

Nothing is too much as long as you are willing to do some flying and limit your activities while you are in those particular destinations.

Bariloche is nice however you can plan lots of things to do via day trips etc. in and around t his city.

Mendoza....great place for wine and laid back atmosphere. Maybe Mendoza to Calafate via plane and skip Bariloche.

Any other questions just post them

PB

Dean Mc pherson
Username: Dean78

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

dont know man i think is too much u will be very little in each place. About booking, i think u will have no problems in that dates. I been in Buenos Aires and i can tell best place to stay is a hostel called arrabal, is in the centre and u can walk all places. is clean and has cool gardens. have fun there

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1713
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Rich (and Dean) welcome! There are no easy answers as far as domestic transportation. Buses are cheap but time consuming, some train routes are ok (BA - Rosario - Cordoba) but not widespread available. Places far south very difficult to reach unless flying. Although expensive, flying will be the most efficient way to travel... Just keep an eye on possible strikes by pilots.

Yes, book in advance!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration