Post Number: 1
|Posted on Monday, October 03, 2005 - 6:30 pm: |
I am traveling to BA from the 28th of Nov to the 10th of Dec. What are the must-dos? Also, any recommendations on where to stay. I'm a woman & traveling alone so safety is important & I'm a little old for a hostel;)
Right now I'm planning on going to the Argentine Open polo tournament (reason I'm going) but would love other suggestions. Am open to anything really - museums, clubs, etc.
Also - beaches, day trips, etc.
Also - would love restaurant recommendations, etc.
actually - tell me everything
Post Number: 158
|Posted on Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 3:42 pm: |
Hello Rachel, here is a very interesting Tigre tour that you can try. Please read Santiago's post. It is a very unusual, not-turisty visit. Although I haven't done this myself I have every reason to believe it is worthwhile. His website can be found at www.barbacharters.com.ar.
You can find some information on the most interesting Buenos Aires attractions on this page. And there is more information here. For free activities you can always visit the Buenos Aires city government website which publishes a monthly calendar of events. Below are some of their links...
1) Guided tours: http://www.bue.gov.ar/recorridos/index.php?menu_id =17&info=visitas
2) Must-see places: http://www.bue.gov.ar/recorridos/index.php?menu_id =18&info=imperdibles
3) Walking tours: http://www.bue.gov.ar/recorridos/index.php?menu_id =16&info=autoguiados#item0_Self-guided
4) Architecture: http://www.bue.gov.ar/recorridos/index.php?menu_id =19&info=arquitectura
5) Learn spanish: http://www.bue.gov.ar/servicios/
6) Turist information, restaurants, etc: http://www.bue.gov.ar/servicios/
7) Shopping: http://www.bue.gov.ar/actividades/?menu_id=102&inf o=compras
8) Nature: http://www.bue.gov.ar/actividades/?menu_id=83&#
9) Tango: http://www.bue.gov.ar/actividades/?menu_id=73&info =tango
10) Cultural: http://www.bue.gov.ar/actividades/?menu_id=22&#ite m0_Activities
11) Nightlife: http://www.bue.gov.ar/actividades/?menu_id=85&#ite m0_Night
12) Festivals and Conferences in May: http://www.bue.gov.ar/expos/?menu_id=23&info=agend a
13) Useful data: http://www.bue.gov.ar/informacion/
I think you will be happy with the Art hotel. www.arthotel.com.ar/
My favorite restaurants in Buenos Aires are:
* Ligure (awesome desserts and don't forget to order a filet mignon).
* Los Chilenos (for 'matambrito')
* Tomo 1
But there are so, so many great places to eat that it will not be practical to list them all here. The above are just personal choices. You can research Buenos Aires restaurants here: www.restaurant.com.ar
Post Number: 2
|Posted on Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 4:20 pm: |
Muchas gracias! I will be going through all your links Can't wait to go - thanks again for such a great site.
|Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 3:31 pm: |