Favorite spots in Argentina? Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Favorite spots in Argentina? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lila
Username: Anoninnyc

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Where do you think is the most beautiful and where is your favorite spot overall and why? Thanks.

Katherine Ward
Username: Kathi

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

That's a tough one! Although we visited other locations, I can narrow our favorites down to two places my family and I enjoyed last June/July - definitely in the winter!! The first is Las Lenas - a magical setting for skiing and winter sports, and the second is Puerto Madryn - such a wonderful small town feel but so much to see and do there... Dress warmly for both destinations.

Kathi

Arial
Intermediate Member
Username: Arial

Post Number: 203

Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Katherine, what did you guys do at Puerto Madryn that you enjoyed so much? What was it about Madryn itself that you liked?

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1647
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I like some of the smaller beaches like Carilo or perhaps Pinamar... I like the combination of trees and sands that you can find in the coastal area of Buenos Aires. Plus the fact that the beaches have no development on them.

Katherine Ward
Username: Kathi

Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 1:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Puerto Madryn is situated in a unique part of the world, with the Valdes Penninsula and Puerto Pyramides nearby. We thoroughly enjoyed the whale watching trip out on a boat, the drive through the penninsula park; visiting a huge colony of sea lions at Punta Loma... Because we are fortunate to live in Kenya, wildlife anywhere in the world is always at the top of our agenda.
Our hotel was not downtown in Puerto Madryn but within walking distance and even walking along the beach, whales were easily visible breaching right there in the harbor. One memory my daughter and I have is of a very kind and gentlemanly shopkeeper. After our shopping, this man was embarassed that the taxi took so long to come for us, so he simply closed his store and drove us back to the hotel himself! And refused any payment...

Arial
Intermediate Member
Username: Arial

Post Number: 204

Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 6:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

So much of Argentina reminds me of Small Town America during my childhood (which was not yesterday!) Very caring and willing to go out of their way, often for people they never met before.

I had a similar experience outside of Mendoza visiting a small olive oil producer. The owner was so very friendly and when he found out we were riding the bus he put us in his car and drove us right to our hotel.

My own intent is to continue the tradition. I hope that we all do!

Jan Lettinga
Username: Heart_of_argentina

Post Number: 3

Posted on Saturday, November 08, 2008 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My wife and I fell in love with the Sierras de Cordoba in 1999. An amazing landscape, very clean air, many rivers, good food and above all nice people. We visited the region so many times afterwards and even liked the place even more and more, so we decided to go live there ourselves, yes!

Greetings from the Sierras de Cordoba,

Jan & Lis

Alejandro Fretes
Username: Afretes

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2008 - 9:29 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Jan,

We'll be in Cordoba from January 2-7 and we're thinking of staying in Villa Carlos Paz. We are more the "city" type of people, but we don't mind doing a day trip somewhere more "traditional".
We're originally from Argentina (Capital Federal) but we live in Canada.
We need a place to stay that is comfortable but not pricey. Do you know of any place like that? 3 + stars? We’re a family of 4 with older children (14 and 21).

Thanks,
Alejandro

Jan Lettinga
Username: Heart_of_argentina

Post Number: 6

Posted on Monday, November 10, 2008 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Alejandro,

Yes of course we can organise something for you, I'll come back in a private message to you about this, okay?

All the best,
Jan

Álvaro Conforte Dorneles
Username: Alvinho

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

go to Misiones province

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration