Iguazu Falls Update Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Iguazu Falls Update « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom
Username: Tomatalki

Post Number: 21
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi All,

I'm heading off to Iguazu Falls on Tuesday and have read everything on them in the forum. Wondering if anyone has recent experiences especially regarding crossing over to Brazil for a few hours. Will I need a visa or can a person (form the US) get across for a short visit without one? Anything else in the immediate area that I will want to see? I'm there for 3 days.

Thanks, Happy Easter. Tom

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1603
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Tom... hope is not too late. I think the visa issue hasn't changed. You will still need one to cross into Brazil. I would not underestimate this. This area -more the triple border- is being monitored by several intelligence units from different countries. You will probably know why if you cross into Paraguay.

Yes, there are other things you can do while in Iguazu. Look for tours to San Ignacio jesuit ruins, the Wanda mines and walks into Iguazu National Park. When you come back, we will expect your "report" :-)

Tom
Username: Tomatalki

Post Number: 22
Posted on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My Report....

The Falls are great, unbelievable. We stayed at the Sheraton on the Park grounds and loved it. I have Starwood points to pay for the hotel so financially it makes sense but it was excellent. Great view from my room, nice balcony (I love balconies at hotels and usually sit out at sunset, drink, smoke a cigar and watch the stars come out), excellent staff, pay for one day entrance to park and use your Sheraton key to get back in as long as you are there. Pool, free internet, etc. .

We did the lower circuit which has to be one of the finest walks anywhere. When you do that make sure you take the free boat to the island and walk up all the stairs to one of the best views of the falls. Then both upper walks. All in one day, going at a nice slow speed.

The second day we went into town, very nice. We heard it was possible to get a taxi that would bypass the passport checkpoint into Brazil but we decided not to try that. Next time we go we'll get visas (we're from the US) rent a car and explore a little of Brazil as well as go to the ruins in AR. Went back to the park and walked the lower walk again.

It was raining our last day so didn't do the zodiac under the falls and will have to do that when we return.

Easy flight both ways on LAN.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1612
Posted on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you so much, Tom!

Ana
Username: Magdalena

Post Number: 8
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2008 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, I just posted this same question on another thread about buses but perhaps it's more appropriate here. I am an American in Buenos Aires on a tourist visa- I need to renew my visa by leaving the country. I was thinking about taking a bus to Foz Do Iguazu in Brasil and then coming back to the Argetine side to stay in a hostel and explore the falls. It says above that you need a visa to enter Brasil. What kind and how do you go about getting one?

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1643
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ana, if you are in Buenos Aires contact the brazilian consulate. You need a turist visa that will cost over u$d 150. From their website:

"El tiempo necesario para tramitar ese tipo de visa es de 3 dias hábiles. El horário de atención al público (no brasileño) es de las 9 hasta las 13 horas, de lunes a viernes".

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration