price for gasoline? best car rental? Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » price for gasoline? best car rental? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Douglas Miller
Username: Douglasseattle

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am considering a car rental when I get there. I would like to know what the current price for gas is and what the best car rental agencies are.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1598
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Douglas, I understand there's been a reduction in price recently. Prices vary greatly from gas station to gas station and for the different grades but a safe range would be from $2 AR to $2.40 AR per liter.

Douglas Miller

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks a lot. Car rental does not seem out of the question as there will be two of us splitting the cost. I wonder if a drive to Iguazu is reasonable to do in place of flying and how long would it take to drive there?

Douglas Miller

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am aware of the time it takes to go on a bus to iguazu from buenos aires, but how long to drive? There will be three of us.

Douglas

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1621
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Douglas, just a guesstimate. About 14 hours. Bus drivers work in teams so they do not need to sleep at night. Not your case, probably. So if stopping overnight it will take you considerably longer. Given the way we drive in Argentina this is highly recommended.

You will be driving along the most prolific land in Argentina! Many of the smaller towns on this route must have grown considerably in the last 5 years.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration