New Member - just booked 1st trip Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » New Member - just booked 1st trip « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pam F C
Username: Pasco

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 6:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi All,

I'm very very very excited! I've just booked a 2 week holiday to Argentina. Current plan is vague in the extreme!!

30th Oct EDI to CDG to EZE (arr 31st Oct)
13th Nov EZE to CDG to EDI

In between those 2 dates we can do what we want. There are so many choices? I'd love to do the South but is it feasible in the time we have?

Glad I found this site I'll be scooting around reading old posts.

Pam

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1553
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pam, welcome!

This almost 2 weeks is plenty of time to visit a few destinations. It is a good time for whale watching in Peninsula Valdes, for example. From there, you can head south to the patagonian cities and towns and then back to Buenos Aires.

cathy mcniven
Username: Cathnniv

Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 3:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Another newbie here!
I am visiting Argentina in Nov for around 2 weeks with an extra week in Peru. Great reading all the posts here, loads of information.

I will be staying with a local family in Adrogue B.S A.S and hope to go to Iguassa & Moreno Glacier along with day trips to Uraguay & La Bocca. Can anyone tell me the cost of flights to Iguassa and the Glacier?

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1567
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Cathy, I replied to your other inquiries earlier. It is difficult to state prices for Nov. Airline companies, as well as travel service providers change/adjust their rates according to the season (nothing strange, just seasonality works on supply/demand). Anything after July will have a different price and operators will not be able to respond accurately. Having said this flights to El Calafate are expensive due to high demand and flights to Iguazu tend to be on the cheap side due to a larger offer. For Iguazu you should explore the option of an overnight bus.

Pam & Scott
Username: Pamscott

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 4:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,

I'm the original poster - new logon as I can't remember the original password and email - heyho.

SO my plans have evolved and I'm now going to do 3 days in BA 4 days in Ushuaia, leaving the evening of the 4th day. Then I have 7 or 8 days in BA again. I was thinking of going to do a day in Colonia and a day on the delta from Tigre.

Are there other destinations that are between 1 and 2 hours away from BA (we don't want to spend a huge amount of time in vehicles).

Thanks,
Pam

BIG AL
Username: Bigman

Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Last year in colonia,I rented a moter bike had fun and missed my boat back(ferry)why u may ask?well there is a one hour time change behind B.S. L.O.L. TIGRE years back got on the small boat that turned out TO TAKE four hours not two because it brought the post, picked up and stoped at every home on the river...friendly people at Mickey Dees....the Best Big Al

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration