Mar del Plata - Argentine beaches Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Mar del Plata - Argentine beaches « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1543
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If you've been to Mar del Plata and want to add/share your experience, feel free.

Arial
Intermediate Member
Username: Arial

Post Number: 158

Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Checking out Mar del Plata while waiting for imigraciones to finish their paperwork and return my travel documents so I can head off to Cafayate!

Mar del Plata is beautiful. I thought I would look at apartments but I am surprised to find that it is almost impossible to get into a restaurant right now. The lines go all the way outside and sometimes down the street.

How much of the year is it like this? Does everything shut down in the off season? If so, how long is the "season?"

Muchas gracias in advance for the info!

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1545
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

By mid March is probably over.

Students return to school on March 3rd. If you can stay a little longer you will see the difference. Population increases 5 fold or more during January/February. You are at the #1 travel destination in all Argentina.

Brad
Username: Pclove

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've been living in Mar del Plata since March 2008 and it isn't very crowded at all. When the summer months roll around though, it gets **** crazy. The winter population is around 550,000, but when all those crazy freaks from Bs. As. come for the summer, the population can get up to 2.5 million. I'm seriously wondering if I should just go down to Ushuaia for the summers. :-)

In my opinion, the winter here in MDP in terms of weather is just like that of California, where I came from. I do love it here.

Hasta luego.

Check out my Mar del Plata Blog: http://pclove.us/argentina

(Message edited by admin on July 07, 2008)

Arial
Intermediate Member
Username: Arial

Post Number: 234

Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the info, Brad. I am still considering Mar del Plata so appreciated your input.

However, Roberto, would you mind editing out the thinly disguised curse word in Brad's post? Saying that it "gets crazy" there is perfectly adequate and would not offend the sensitivities of this wilfully sheltered woman. I see that your software, that is so particular it will not allow me to use the simplest of words, is not sharp enough to catch them if they travel in disguise. Muchas gracious!

Michelle Alison
Username: Michellealison

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi everybody - just wanted to let you know that we are probably the only British family living in Mar del Plata. We have been here now almost two years and we love it.

If anybody wants any information, please let me know.

Regards

Michelle

Brad
Username: Pclove

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 1:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've heard that there are many foreigners here, but I have yet to meet any. I don't get out much.

Michelle Alison

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 1:13 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Brad, when you say here, do you mean Mar del Plata?

Michelle Alison

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Back to Brad's question regarding expats in MDP - the answer is very simple - there is no expat community. Most of the expats that live here have integrated into the local community and are probably married to Argentines. I suppose it would be interesting to find out how many foreigners are actually living here.

Regards

Michelle

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration