Peninsula Valdez & Glaciers combinati... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Peninsula Valdez & Glaciers combination in October « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Diana
Username: Diana

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Roberto, I really enjoyed reading all your tips! It is a great forum! Now I have a question concerning a possible trip to Peninsula Valdez or /and the Glaciers (Perito Moreno etc.). I will come to Buenos Aires next week on Tuesday, and a friend of mine and I would like to do an excursion to the south, but we were wondering whether it might be too could at that time... We love nature, therefore thought on visiting Valdez... how many days would you recommend? And if possible, how many for the Glaciers? Is it possible to combine the tripp via airplane? Are there any guided tours you could recommend?

(Message edited by admin on September 27, 2005)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 145
Posted on Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Diana, thanks.

Most of our passengers do 2 nights in Ushuaia and 3 nights in Calafate when visiting southern patagonia. That is all that's needed. A longer stay is welcome but not necessary unless you have time to spare. In Peninsula Valdes we usually recommend a minimum of 3 nights. You will be visiting Puerto Madryn as well. The peninsula has a lot to offer and less than 3 nights may be too little time. All this can be combined by flying:

Buenos Aires - Ushuaia - Calafate
Calafate - Trelew - Buenos Aires.

It is possible to fly straight from Calafate to Trelew BUT it all depends on seat availability, as usual. Any travel agent -including us- can recommend you guided tours at each destination. The three areas Ushuaia, Calafate and Puerto Madryn are being sold with excursions and guided tours. For a trip like this, 8 nights will be ideal, plus your stay in Buenos Aires. Weather should be ok, although cold, for all destinations. If you need any more help you can come by our offices when in Baires.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration