Round trip bus and air Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Round trip bus and air « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

peter moerch
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 5:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My wife and I(danes) are going to Argentina 13.10.05 - and home 28.10.05. We are gonna visit our son in BA, but would like to se a bit of the country as well. Is it possible to combine bus and airplane? Going partly by bus would let os enjoy the landscape outside.
Iguazu is a must, but from there maybe we could go to Cordoba/Mendoza and then back til BA. How many days do you need - and what would the price be?

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 130
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Peter, this is about 2 weeks. You should have plenty of time to take a bus to different destinations while visiting your son. I cannot tell you all schedules for all destinations. That will be beyond the scope of my rol here but just as an example, traveling by bus to Iguazu may take about 18 hours. If you leave Buenos Aires around noon (1.30pm) you'll get to Iguazu at around 7 am. A bus trip Buenos Aires - Cordoba may only be 9 hours or less so it can be done overnight.

In most cases, you will be able to chose from standard coaches to executive ones with full flat beds. And the good thing is that they are inexpensive and that there are many schedules to chose from. If you were to combine both Mendoza and Iguazu in one single trip I would do the Iguazu part by plane (the longest one) and then the Mendoza leg by bus (the prettiest one). A bus trip to Mendoza might be anywhere from 12 to 14 hours depending on the bus liner.

peter morch
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 4:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Roberto for the quick response
If we're combining both Mendoza and Iguazu in on single trip, what would you then suggest for travel between the two places - Iguazu-Mendoza? Bus or plane?
Another thing. Should I buy the tickets in advance or when I'm in Argentina?
Can you recommend a good not to expensive hotel in Iguazu and Mendoza.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 133
Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Peter, the problem with that itinerary is that you will have to connect through Buenos Aires either way. I would suggest doing Buenos Aires - Iguazu - Buenos Aires by plane first and then, after you have returned to BA I would take a bus to Mendoza (Bue-Mendoza-Bue). You don't have any other alternatives for this kind of itinerary. At least not that I know of. Ideally, you should contract the entire package with a travel agent of your choice and do this in advance. Bookings have become tight as there has been a great increase in inbound tourism.

Accomodations will depend a lot in the type of arrangements your travel agent has been able to lock. In Iguazu we like 'Cataratas'. In Mendoza you have many great choices. I heard NH is really nice.

(Message edited by admin on December 31, 2005)

Jaren
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 09, 2006 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am traveling to Buenos Aires 7/2/06 and planning to take a bus to the Iguazu Falls. I was wondering how I could buy a ticket before I arrived in Buenos Aires.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 267
Posted on Monday, January 09, 2006 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Jaren, all you need to do is visit the bus station in Retiro where all buses depart from. Look for "Terminal Retiro". There are many coaches and many schedules so this is easy.

Jack t
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Want info on taking a bus from Santiago, Chile to Mendoza, Argentina in June 2006. Are the roads passible that time of year?

F. Harrington
Username: Tarheel

Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Jack, I have made that trip many times in June via bus, nice buses by the way. At times there could be some snow, but I have always managed to go. It could be risky in July. Spectacular vistas, etc.

F. Harrington
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Test

Ana Cristina Barreiro
Username: Cristina_cc

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi there,
I am travelling to Argentina next February and I am looking for some information.
I am flying from Buenos Aires to Iguazu (one way only) and the idea is to leave Iguazu towards Santiago. would you be able to give me a few ideas how would be the best itinerary possible?
we are 4 pax, so we are considering renting a car and pass by Posadas, Cordoba and Santiago, does this make sense? Thank you!

Jan Lettinga
Username: Heart_of_argentina

Post Number: 18

Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 5:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Ana,

I don't know how much time you have to make this trip from Iguazu to Santiago, but an interesting itinerary would be: Posadas, (Esteros del Iberá, beautiful wetlands region in Corrientes), Salta, Cafayate, Termas del Rio Hondo, Valle de Punilla (Córdoba), Traslasierra (Córdoba), Mendoza, Santiago.

We have organized this trip several time now for our customers and everyone is very enthusiastic about it.

Let me know if we can be of any help for you,

Have a nice time in Argentina,

Jan Lettinga
Córdoba - Argentina
www.heart-of-argentina-travel.com

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration