Where to stay in BA Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Where to stay in BA « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nadja
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 3:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi!
Can you please tell me which districts of BA are the best to find a hostel in for a few days. Because I have heard that San Telmo isn't very safe (is that true or not).

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 111
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Nadja, San Telmo may not be the most appropriate area for some turists. If you are young and adventurous or are staying with a group I'd say it is ok. But if you are a woman and you are on your own it is probably not a good idea. Other areas of the city will offer you much more peace of mind, such as Barrio Norte, La Recoleta or even Retiro (Plaza San Martin area). These last neighborhoods have people walking in the streets at any time of the day and night and are usually more commercial too. I would look for places here.

Nadja
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 2:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for your answer! I will travel with my friend-so we will be two women and we wom't try our luck so we will find a plece to be in one of the areas you've mentioned. :-)

Nadja
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Test

larry Rogers
Username: Larryr30

Post Number: 11
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm living in BA now in Alto Palermo and looking to get out of the city for awhile...alot to hear and too much to do. I would like to take it alittle bit slower; looking to head for Mendoza, does anyone have any recommendations, or no of someone that I can stay with that is renting...etc..

Thanks for any imput!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration