Car rental Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Car rental « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

judy Arthur
Username: Durhammom

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Can anyone tell me what the deal is about renting cars in Argentina? There are four of us (ages 20, 24, and two "Mature" parents!) Can people Under 25 drive a rental car? We are thinking of renting cars in the Cordoba and Mendoza areas. What about car insurance? Also, Can anyone recommend a reliable and reasonablaby priced company to rent from?
I should not that in most places we willbe taking buses and taxis but would like more flexibility in the areas mentioned above.

Katherine Ward
Username: Kathi

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 1:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

You may be surprised to find that it is much cheaper to hire a car with driver in Argentina than to rent one yourselves. We discovered this in June, and instead of renting a car or taking a bus in Mendoza, we found a company called Cia or maybe Chia cars in the Mendoza bus station. The driver took our family of four to Chile for a couple of days and then back to Mendoza, and the cost was MUCH cheaper than renting a car. Also, entering Chile by road means you don't have to pay the $100 fee if you enter via the Santiago Intl. Airport.}

Michael Alan Shirley
Username: Mashirley35

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 6:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've rented a car from Alamo in Mendoza twice most satisfactorily but expensive with liability insurance,etc. Check that your credit card covers CDW in Argentina. In addition don't leave anything in the car. I had the radio stolen in the main square in Mendoza on a Sat. night.

judy Arthur
Username: Durhammom

Post Number: 12
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey, thanks for your thoughts! What is a typical cost per day to rent a car that will hold 4 adults with bags?

Michael Alan Shirley
Username: Mashirley35

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Go to www.alamo.com. I think you are better off to rent for a week.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration