Internal argentina flights Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Internal argentina flights « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Joe
Username: Joe_sf

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello. It seems that all internal flights go through BA...is that correct? So, if I wanted to get from Calafate to Mendoza, I would need to fly to BA first? Can someone help me understand how long a bus from BA to Mendoza would be? Many thanks!

WTMendoza.com
Username: Welcometomendoza

Post Number: 35

Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That is correct - BA is THE air hub.

Bus trip is roughly 11 hours giver or take some...an overnight bus is the best - dinner, movie, "flight attendants", sleeper seats, bingo (:-)), and waking up to see the stunning Andes come closer and closer ...sit on the left side of the bus if possible - a great angle of the Uco Valley mountains - the highest series of snow peaks in all of South America.

W Piccione
Username: Mrspicci

Post Number: 23
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

HI. It looks like your question was answered. I do believe not every flight within Argentina is not always through BA (Aeroparque) however, it depends where you are going, etc.
Good luck!

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1354
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A slight correction to WTM, as Mrs Picci stated sometimes flights do not connect and are non-stop. I got this graphic from the aerolineas argentinas website that shows which destinations can be flown straight.

Internal flights by Aerolineas Argentinas

The page with prices is here

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1355
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

There are only a few... so I guess BA is THE air hub after all :-)

richard cooperman
Username: Eroica38

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am traveling to Argentina in December. I have purchased plane tickets on Aerolineas for a trip from BA to Iguazo, on to Mendoza and then back to BA. Question: My trip from Iguazo to Mendoza has a change of planes in BA with a 25 minute connection at BA. Is that sufficient?

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1366
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Richard, you should be fine. The local airport is quite small.

Pam & Scott
Username: Pamscott

Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

As an update the prices on teh linked page above are very very very limited! It says U$266 for Ushuaia but I paid £364 (3 months ahead of time) so that is nearer $640!

I was told that people buying direct from the airline outside of the country are being significantly overcharged. But given the fact that it is a very busy route it was too risky to wait until I was there. Marvellous! A rock and a hard place.

Just got to see if the flight actually flies now!

K. J. Molina
Username: Kara

Posted on Monday, August 03, 2009 - 3:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto - thansk for your reponse. As regards booking internal flight in Argentina, my question was simply: Do you have the contacts of a travel agent/website where foreigners can book flights?

I am not in the Argentina and don't have a local travel agent but am trying to get flights sorted before my arrival. I was alerted (though Argentina Forums) to www.despegar.com. However, there doesn't seem to be a provision for booking for foreigners and when I entre the locations, dates and times - it says: "Tarifas no vŠlidas para extranjeros".

I cannot find a way through their website to book as a foreigner. Any help/contacts would be appreciated on booking flights for foreigners as I am keen to get travel sorted ASAP.

Thank you

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1894
Posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kara, sorry for the delay... contact Erna (my mother) using this form http://www.travelsur.net/contact.htm just as an initial approach. Email her your needs with as much detail as possible and take it from there. At a minimum, you will have a reference. With us you can pay online and she can issue e-tickets for you. Then, you can get receipts/vouchers at your place of stay or get those delivered to you at the airport when you arrive.

Another thing you can try is buying tickets directly from Aerolineas Argentinas.

(Message edited by admin on August 05, 2009)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration