Can you help? Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Can you help? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vinny O'Donnell
Username: Beatone

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Congratulations on the website!

I'll be a lone traveler (hopefully not a lonely traveler) and i will be landing in BA mid November. I would like to find relatively cheap accomodation
for a couple of weeks as i then will be heading to Rio for December... thats not all... I'm looking for a bit of guidance while in BA... can anyone help?

Thanks for reading

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1339
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Vinny, what is your budget? I know, this is an ugly question. But perhaps if you are staying all the time in BA or make it your beach head you should look into renting an apartment. I think the cheapest hotels that would be decent to an average person may run at usd $50+ per night. That may be usd $350 per week on the low end. An apartment may be cheaper.

What you do in BA will also depend on many factors... age, expectations, budget, etc. BA is great for just hanging out as there are a ton of great places to eat and drink. Then, there are beautiful parks, museums and a great cultural scene (theaters, etc). But also, you can make short escapades to places like neighboring Uruguay and the like.

robert
Username: Miami_bob

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Vinny--google: reynolds propiedades &
bytargentina.com these are two good agencies that may fit your price range.

it is very realistic to rent a better than decent apartment for us$300 to 400 dollars per week at either of these agencies.
english is spoken well at both places. argetnine customer service is not like the usa nor western europe. i suggest using their search engines for the dates you want. then send a mail telling what you are looking to do and a range for a buget. telephone 24 hours later.
be patient--both agencies can handle english only. both are basically trust able--the apartment will be there for you more or less as described and you will have you damage deposit returned.

i have had good luck both both of them. at bytargentina ask for jorgelina. she lived in the usa and speaks perfect north american english. her concept of customer service is very good.
search this forum for ideas about the different sections of the city. palermo and recoleta are the most tourist friendly.
i have rented decent apartments for us$250 per week. you are not going to touch price range this with an hotel that i would use in a safe and convienent section of the city.

there is an apartment hotel--hotel apart recoleta --which advertises in the clarin newspaper for studio apartments for us$200 per week. their rack rate is about us$100 per night.
they may not give you the local rate. hotels in bs as frequently have a lower rate for argentines than foreigners. unfair, but such is life by the rio de la plata.

bob

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration