Ushuaia in Early July Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Ushuaia in Early July « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

SL Chicago
Username: Slchicago

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am considering a visit to Ushuaia in the first week of July while I am in Argentina.

Are there tours to Tierra del Fuego NP and the Beagle Channel in July? Also are there opportunities to see penguins during this time, or is it off-season?

Thank you in advance for your advise and suggestions.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1343
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

During July, you will only have 7 hours of daylight in TdF while in January the average is 17 hours. It is always best to plan a trip this south between October and March although there are activities all year round. The temperatue may drop below 23 F and because of snow and ice you should wear proper clothing. Aside from this requirements, I believe you can take the tours as usual but will confirm tomorrow after a phone call.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1348
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

You can only watch the penguins in Ushuaia from November through March. I just talked to the Tierra del Fuego house (Casa de Tierra del Fuego) in Buenos Aires.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration