Mar/Apr - BA, Iguazu, Montevideo Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Mar/Apr - BA, Iguazu, Montevideo « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ron
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, September 03, 2005 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

HI!

First, I just discovered this website/forum and it is great! Thanks, Roberto!!

My partner and I will be arriving in BA early morning Mar 24 and leaving evening of Apr 5. So we have 12 nights/13 days. While we would LOVE to explore all of the country, there is just not enough time. Also, we prefer to have enough time rather than feel rushed as as though living entirely out of a suitcase. Here's what we are thinking about, and would welcome suggestions on the itinerary:

3 nights in BA (Fri to Mon)
2 (or 3?) nights in Iguauzu ((Mon to Wed or Thu)
4 (or 3?) nights in BA (Wed or Thu to Sun)
overnight trip to Montevideo (or maybe Colonia instead?) (Sun to Mon)
2 nights back in BA (Mon to Wed)

While in BA we are thinking about a day trip to San Antonio de Areco - maybe on a weekend. Is this worthwhile for just a day?

Any thoughts on this are welcomed! I'm sure you guys could help us out with reservations, etc, for Iguazu, and maybe Uruguay also.

Also, as for accomodations, we like either small, interesting, friendly hotels , or B&Bs. Two places we have considered are the two gay B&Bs we have read about: Bayres B&B, Cordoba 5842, which seems to be right ont he border between Palermo Viejo and Villa Crespo; and Lugar Gay, Defensa 1120, which I think is San Telmo. Do you know these, and any thoughts on this? They seem to get good reviews by Time Out. Good locations? Easy enough to get around by walking, subte, and colectivos? THANKS!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 115
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Ron and welcome! I have been away from my computer all this time and I am now catching up so please apologize for the delayed response. We are gay/lesbian friendly but have little to no meaningful experience on the subject when it comes to tourism. I can recommend some BBs that we have worked with in the past as well as some interesting *alternative* lodging but I do not have an opinion on the ones you have mentioned.

At a glance, those neighborhoods are not the *best* when considering safety aspects. They are definitely NOT centrally located and are not close to commercial, inhabited areas. I did visit their websites. Bayresbnb.com appears to be a recycled old house located in a quite neighborhood (Palermo viejo) away from most noises but the area is not pretty. I used to work 5 or 6 blocks away from their place and remember the neighborhood as being away from everything. This might be ok if the 2 of you feel comfortable taking buses, the subway or taxis. These places may also have the advantage that, run by gay owners, may offer a 'safer, more comfortable' environment than places run by non-gay individuals.

If you are not looking to meet others or socialize with gay members while you are at your place of stay you may expand your horizons and look for non-gay establishments too. Buenos Aires and 'portenios' in general, are gay friendly and you may be surprised to see that you can stay anywhere you want. Your itineray is good. You will enjoy it. If you prefer more days in BA, 2 nights in Iguazu will do. And I would chose Colonia over Montevideo. There are day trips as well.

(Message edited by admin on December 31, 2005)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration