Flying to Buenos Aires? We need a fa... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Flying to Buenos Aires? We need a favor! « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

yuval erlich
Username: Ernani

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Our Argentinian Au-pair had to go home urgently, when we were all on a trip away from home. We would highly appreciate somebody helping us in taking a suitcase with them on their flight to Buenos Aires. Mainly used cloths and personal items. All content will be open for your full inspection, of course. We will provide you with all our details. This is a strictly "kosher" favor.
We will pay 100$ for your trouble and will deliver the suitcase to you. In Buenos Aires our au-pair, Marina, will meet you to collect the suitcase. If you are a tourist, she speaks English and I am sure she will be very happy to help you with info regarding Buenos Aires [she sounds as if she is a world expert on the night-life there....]
Thanks.

Adam Walker
Username: Adam_walker

Post Number: 32
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2007 - 7:13 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Not a chance would I take a strangers suitcase on a flight...

You may have better luck using UPS/DHL.

Good luck.

James Guglielmino
Username: Jgug1

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2007 - 8:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

With respect, this request strikes me as out of line. I have sold items on ebay to people in Italy and other countries and sent them. In some cases, they were quite heavy. (audio equipment). This suitcase can be shipped by a carrier. Perhaps, you didn't think of that.
JGug1

Yassine
Username: Chiko

Post Number: 14
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2007 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I agree, cause no matter how much someone checks a strangers luggage, he could never look into the inseams of the suitcase and all the belongings... and I know that in my case I had enough luggage of my own to carry around...

MIchael Calero
Username: Michael795

Post Number: 44
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2007 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

With the way security is today there is no way Jose I would carry a strangers bag anywhere. Sorry but the DHL idea is best.

Gayle
Username: Flaka

Post Number: 28
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2007 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ditto the above, no way would I take anyone's suitcase.

Hope to see you all at 2:30 this coming Sunday at LaTranquera!

MIchael Calero
Username: Michael795

Post Number: 45
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2007 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Also, DHL and Fedex opens packages , Just happened to me sending something Overseas with DHL. Just some information.

yuval erlich

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks everybody for all their comments. Still, if there is somebody that wants to help and is a little less paranoiac [and slightly more realistic], We are still looking for help. Thanks!

Yassine
Username: Chiko

Post Number: 15
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, u could say less paranoiac, but less realistic - I don't think so. I think the comments are pretty realistic, and obviously I don't expect someone who demands such a thing from a complete stranger to understand that. Weird story, if the items are important just cough up the extra cash and send it, I mean it shouldn't be a problem if you are already willing to pay 100 dollars and deliver it... to anywhere in the states I assume as you have not posted any location. Sounds very fishy to me... but hey good luck in finding some prey, Marina helps seems pretty tempting... NOT.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1327
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Given the state of affairs this is highly risky. It has nothing to do with paranoia. Are you asking a person to lie to the airport officials about receiving a suitcase which is not self-owned? And if that persons tells the truth what do you think it will happen when asked if she/he had been given any property that wasn't theirs? This person will be taken to a private room for hours and will be interrogated to death and feel imprisoned and psychologically tortured.

Just for a lot less I know of an older lady (77) who at the airport didn't pass the eye test (or whatever it is) and had to go through a similar experience without being able to make outbound calls for hours.

Mobi D
Username: Mobi

Post Number: 11
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I always find it incredibly suprising/amusing on these forums when someone doesn't get the response they were hoping for they seem to feel justified in condesceding the people (and in this case there were several and all shared the same POV) that replied.

The fact that you can call very realistic doubts and preoccupations expressed by people replying to your post about taking a strangers luggage on a plane "paranoid" only makes one doubt your story that much more.

Tell you what, let's see if anyone out there has something they need shipped for you to take on you next international flight. Would be really curious to see if you would be so willing!

Cheers.

yuval erlich

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I do apologize if I sounded "condescending" - I didn't really mean to, and now I find it necessary to explain.
I do not ask anybody to lie at the airport. For some time now in airports in the US, nobody asks you anymore regarding your checked luggage as they screen ALL checked luggage. If they do ask, please say you have a beg that was given to you to deliver to a friend - all it does is security goes through again.
Fedex wants 450$ to ship it. USPS doesn't have anymore "surface" mail - we tried it all. Considering the fact that all we have there is Used cloths, we are trying to check other options.
I am using my full name [you can google it] and will provide all info. I highly doubt it drug dealers will try and use such a forum to smuggle drugs from the US to Argentina [not a likely route according to the movies]. At any rate, I understood my attempt [kosher as it is] might not work the way I tried. Thank you all for all the comments.

elina overstadt
Username: Agustina

Post Number: 17
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

yuval;

US postal service will send it probably for less than 50 bucks..go to a MailBox etc..to price compare. We have stuff sent down all the time...She will have to go to the international depot of the Correro, but since it is only used clothes they wont make her pay anything.

katie bunsow
Username: Katie_bunsow

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Does anybody know how I can be deleted from the Argintina Forum? I've been trying to get dropped for quite a long time and I'm getting frustrated. I'm receiving way too many emails and won't be needing any info for a long while as I have gone on my wonderful vacation this past summer and will not be travelling south for many more years.

Thank you,
Katie

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1328
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Katie, I deleted your account on 10/1 as per your request. Please forward me a copy of the emails you are still receiving for futher investigation. As you may know, this should not be possible for the script cannot send out emails to someone who does not have a record in the database...

Also, you will start receiving replies from this thread again as you have just created a new account. You can use the form as before and I will take a look at the emails as soon as I get your message.

katie bunsow
Username: Katie_bunsow

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Roberto:

I am still receiving the forum messages. I will continue to forward them to you as I receive them. I sure didn't mean to sign up again, but I don't think I have ever been deleted as I have received up to 10-20 forum messages everyday with no down time whatsoever.

Thank you for responding to me.
Katie

Tom
Advanced Member
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 448

Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If I were going to Buenos Aires anytime soon I would be happy to take the suitcase if I were only traveling with one checked bag.
Once I got the suitcase from you I would have a cop friend of mine take it in and have it checked by a drug sniffing dog and a bomb sniffing dog. But not everyone has such a friend.
The cost of shipping to Buenos Aires is quite high. My sister shipped me a package by Fedex which had some presciption medication and a couple pair of blue jeans. It cost her $125.00, it was a fairly small package.
When it got to Buenos Aires customs checked it and then sent me a letter saying that I could come and pick it up but I would have to pay an import tax which was more than what I could buy the drugs and the jeans for in Argentina.
I wonder who's wearing my jeans?

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1368
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

> I wonder who's wearing my jeans?

lol

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration