Need bus San Pedro de Atacama to Salta Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Need bus San Pedro de Atacama to Salta « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mary kay huggins
Username: Kay

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My husband and I will be traveling to BA Argentina March 2008... after a week, we will fly to Santiago Chile and on to San Pedro de Atacama. We must depart Salta on March 30 going back to BA. My delimma is: it is difficult to plan any tours since I don't know how long we can stay in San Pedro. I cannot find out when, or if, there is a bus departing San Pedro arriving in Salta. I have been told that Geminis bus line departs on Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday at 10 a.m. and arriving in Salta at 10 p.m. However, I need to be sure if these dates and time frames are correct before committing myself to any tours.

In addition, I thave been reading some of he traveling blogs and it sounds as some people are booking good tours that are reasonably priced. Everything I find is extremely expensive. I am just trying to make sure I am not getting ripped off since some of the blogs stated to be cautious. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would be ever so grateful. Thanks....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1313
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mary kay, welcome!

Please post packages and prices here. I can confirm with our agency. No need to post who is offering them if you prefer sources to be anonymous.

I don't do this everyday but I just called Geminis in Salta and they confirmed that there are 3 buses per week departing from San Pedro on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays leaving SP at 10 am and arriving in Salta at 9.30 pm.

The phone number for Geminis bus terminal in Salta is 387-4317778. From the US you must dial:

011-54-387-4317778 (spanish)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration