Around Argentina Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Around Argentina « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nadja
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 26, 2005 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

HI!
Me and my friena are planning to travel around Argentina in February 2006. We would like to do a circle (BA,Iguazu falls, Salta, mendoza, bariloche, el chalten, ushuaia, peninsula valdes and back to BA) and see all major atraction. But we are wondering how to travel around regarding the long distances. What do you recomend-which places can we reach with bus and where is the best way to fly there. We will travel 4 weeks.Thanks :-)
PS:Does anyone know how can we book airtickets (aerolineas argentina), because we are from europe and they don't have any offices near us.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 102
Posted on Friday, August 26, 2005 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Welcome Nadja!

First, here you can probably book tickets with aerolineas on your own. Caveat is that it may not work as good as it is supposed to. But there is an 800 number you can call or an email you can write to, since you are in Europe. The trip you have described has some complexities that may only be solved by an experienced travel agent. For example, the route Iguazu / Salta is not s straight one if you consider flying but there is one bus company that can do it overnight -AndesMar-, so you can save some time and maybe a little money. Salta/Mendoza has the same problem. You can fly it in about 4 hours with connection through Buenos Aires but you can also make this route through bus and the same applies for the leg Mendoza/Bariloche. This entire part of your trip can be done conveniently by bus. In fact, there are at least two busliners that will do the leg Salta/Mendoza/Bariloche. Since you have enough time you can spend several nights on the road, traveling while you sleep. Most of the above routes will take anywhere from 13 to 20 hours and the savings can be considerable, even if you get the 180 degrees flat bed buses.

From Bariloche to Calafate (not El Chalten, unless you are into serious trekking I would just visit El Calafate) and then on, I highly recommend flying. Distances may not be the biggest inconvenience but the state of the roads will make this part of your trip very slow, albeit beautiful. Just as a reference, any of the bus trips mentioned may be around USD $45/55 one way on executive class. Once in Buenos Aires, you should visit the Terminal station located in Retiro neighborhood and plan your route. Simultaneously, you should contact a travel agent that will work with you on the routes BA/Iguazu and Bariloche/Deep Patagonia. We are not too much into buses but you will be able to find many agents that will happily work on such trips.

Nadja
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 5:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi! I have one more question. Can you please tell me how much would cost me airplane tickets to those two destinations EL CALAFATE - USHUAIA (around 18.2.2006) and
USHUAIA - TRELEW (around 22.2.2006)
Thank you for your answer.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 105
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Nadja, the leg Calafate/Ushuaia/Trelew one way would cost approximately USD $375/385.

Vardit
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 6:42 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi!

We are coming to Argentina in 3 weeks from now (1/10).
Is it possible that there are no direct flights from Iguazu to Bariloche? I checked in aerolines and didn't found a direct flight.

Thanks!

Tartan
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi there,

I am coming to Argentina with my girl friend in niovember for 3 weeks and will stay at the Hotel Embassy All Suites in Buenos Aires for 3 nights on our arrival.

What is the hotel like and is it in a good area (ie Safe)

Yours Aye

Harry from Scotland

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 117
Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Harry, both the hotel and the area are perfect :-)

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 118
Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Vardit, no direct flights I am afraid.

bluechip
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What recommendation would you make for travel to Salta and Cordoba from BA? Can you estimate time and costs for me of the bus and flying?
bluechip

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration