Buenos Aires to Colonia to Salta Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Buenos Aires to Colonia to Salta « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sarah Humberd
Username: Sarahandalex

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am traveling to Argentina for my honeymoon in November. I plan on staying in BA for the first week, then Colonia for a couple of nights, then the next 5 days in Salta and back to BA.

Do you have any recommendations on the most efficient and least costly way to travel from BA to Salta? Also, where do you recommend staying and if you have 4 whole days there, what do you recommend doing?

Thanks!

W Piccione
Username: Mrspicci

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 8:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

HI Sarah! I love Salta its a wonderful place to visit. My recommendation is to fly on LAN Argentina from Aeroparque in BA to Salta its only 2 hours. A bus while less expensive will take about 30 hours unless you want to see the scenery, thats another story.
In Salta, there is a gorgeous estancia (the American actor, Robert Duvall owns it) called House of Jasmines. It is a gorgeous place to stay. You can hire a remise or go on a tour, or rent a car and see Jujuy, Puramarca-gorgeous desert scenery. In southern Salta province is Catamarca, wine country.
I hope this helps!
Best of luck,
Wendy
www.dulcedewendy.blogspot.com

Sarah Humberd
Username: Sarahandalex

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks so much Wendy! How expensive is airfare from BA to Salta? I will need roundtrip as I will have to travel home from BA (already booked the tickets). Any advice would be helpful! Should I book in advance and if so, how?
Thanks!

W Piccione
Username: Mrspicci

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello. I would recommend making the hotel reservation and going on line to either LAN (www.lan.com) and looking up BA (AEP) to Salta. I believe airfare is about $250 US or so. A bus ticket is obviously less money maybe $300 AR ($100 USD). Good luck, if I can offer any other suggestions, feel free to contact me.
Best,
Wendy

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration