Argentina in Sept??? Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Argentina in Sept??? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Iliana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 9:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Robert

The information on these threads have been great, I just sent an email to your mom looking for some insight on what to do and her services in Sept. I would suspect that the trip given the weather would need to be modified as we are looking to travel into Patagonia.

Thoughts??

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 77
Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Iliana, she got the message and will be working on this. It depends on where in Patagonia you go and how well you can cope with cold weather. I think she will provide you with the best possible advice. Expect to hear from her by the end of this week (she is traveling on Monday and Tuesday).

ilianalevy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Robert

What have you heard about bobo hotel in BA, Argentina. Recently featured in Conde Naste

Also, your mom just emailed me but will she be challenged as I am unable to write in Spanish well. We are ready to book our trip and I didn't want her to have a tough time with me given I can spk it, but don't write it very well.

In any event, is it best to have her phone me? We phone you?

Thoughts?

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 92
Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Iliana,

I haven't heard anything but I did check their site and read the online article on Concierge here. I wish their site hasn't been created on flash. Anyway, this recycled hotel seems to be part of dozens of projects that have been taking place in Buenos Aires in the last couple of years, such as the Art Hotel, featured in the NY times, I believe.

We actually have had passengers staying there. All I can say is that most of these accomodations tend to offer a somewhat different experience than the tried and true standard hotels. We, as an agent, are more comfortable with traditional choices but if you are somewhat adventurous I would consider this type of lodging. Just remember that these choices may offer more rewards as well as risks.

ilianalevy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Robert

Your mom and I are well on our way to finalizing our details

She gave me your contact info incase there were issues, but here is an interesting observation.
She did not want me to give her credit card info as I suspect there are security issues? Not sure if this is also typical for South America. What is the normal process to provide her with payment so that she can book the flights within Argentina and for the Hotels.

Not sure if you have seen our itinerary, but we are excited.

I know she is working on the hotels now, so I suspect I will hear back from her tomorrow. Are you working on this too?

Lastly, what is your recommendation on where and who I should call if there are issues with for example, wanting to leave on an earlier flight from BA to Bariloche since I arrive at 4AM and the flight is at noon? Or something should happen with the hotels?

Lastly, do I take taxi's when I arrive at each airport to the hotels like I would here?

Thanks

ilianalevy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh I didn't answer your question... My husband and I enjoy adventure and the small "ambiance" filled hotels.

Sure we would be up for adventures where the uniqueness of the hotels chosen are part of the experience.

Looking for clean and safe places, anything else is a bonus :-)

We spend minimal time in the hotels so you can see the amenities are not that important.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 108
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Iliana, I moved your other message here but for some reason I cannot find it now. Perito Moreno glacier is part of a geographical ice structure that has been in existence for hundreds if not thousands of years in a place called El Calafate in the province of Santa Cruz. There are other famous glaciers that people visit, like Upsala. Most visitors stay in El Calafate for 3 nights in order to explore the glaciers (you can hike on them, weather permitting).

As for your earlier inquiry you should only deal with my mother for any travel arrangement. She is the owner of the agency located in downtown Buenos Aires. I just manage her website from Miami, FL. We, of course, are in constant communication solving passengers inquiries and travel arrangements.

I have asked Erna not to take credit card information over emails because of security issues. We have gone through great lengths to make our online payment page secure (we purchased a SSL certificate for this very reason and we do not store the numbers) so we recommend all passengers to pay online at our website. You can use the payment form anytime you want. It is simple and secure and you can use any of your credit cards. Upon acceptance of payment you will receive a receipt for the transaction. My mother does too (and myself) so we are all on the same page. Once she has everything in place, she usually faxes clients the vouchers or copy of the e-tickets when necessary.

As for your transfer dilemma, don't worry. If Erna is covering your trip "bumper-to-bumper" you will get picked up by a private driver at all airports and be transfered to your place of stay. There will always be someone with a badge or a sign post waiting for you. But you should ask her if this is part of your arrangement. I do not follow all the details of all our clients. I only intervene when there are rough edges that need some straightening (rare). Having said this, if you are not getting the responses you want from Erna drop me a line. Many times, she doesn't even receive the emails or the ones she has sent never reach destination (just bad local isp's) or has too may things going on and hasn't been able to reply. In those occasions you can contact me either by email (I spend most of the day in front of my computer) or by phone. Email me and I will email you back mny personal contact information. In Buenos Aires, Erna will provide you with her home and cell phone number, in case need arises. You will not be left alone, don't worry.

Iliana Levy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Test

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration