Weather in Ushuaia in November Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Weather in Ushuaia in November « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andres
Username: Vdubelu

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, July 29, 2007 - 8:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Everyone,

I'm very glad I found this great forum as my wife and I are planning a trip to Argentina in November. Does anyone know what the weather is like in Ushuaia in November. We are coming from Colombia and we are trying to figure out what to pack for our trip. We want to pack as light as possible as we will be moving around a lot. How thick of a jacket would you guys/gals recommend? Also, what type of shoes do you recommend we take?

Thanks everyone for your help,

Andres y Cata

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1221
Posted on Sunday, July 29, 2007 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Andres, welcome! Check historical data here and current weather information here

Andres
Username: Vdubelu

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, July 29, 2007 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Roberto for the welcome and the info. I've decided to only take some hiking shoes. I thought the weather was going to be much colder, a pleasant surprise to find out otherwise.

I had another quick question, maybe you or someone else can help me. Do you think I should book airline tickets from here before I go or should I just buy them when I am in Buenos Aires? Do the fares go up the closer you are to departure or are they fixed prices?

Thanks!!

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1224
Posted on Monday, July 30, 2007 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ushuaia (Tierra del Fuego) usually has cheaper tickets compared to other destinations because it is a tax free zone. Normally, there are plenty of seats and flights but I would suggest booking in advance.

Price system is different than in the US (don't know about Europe). Local airlines will not penalize you by hiking prices of tickets in the last couple of weeks. However, prices do vary for different reasons: the cabin has been split into sections where seats are categorized as classes. Each class has a fixed price in dollars. As cheaper classes sell off, latecommers can only buy the more expensive ones. Early buyers can choose seats among different classes and the honest travel agent will ALWAYS offer or recommend the cheap seats. Classes are complex and can change according to ongoing demand. Foreigners have their own.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration