Trip to Iguazu Falls Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Trip to Iguazu Falls « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

richard cooperman
Username: Eroica38

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am planning a two night visit to the Falls in mid-December. I need help with the following: where to stay? how to maximize what I see? with a US passport do I need a VISA to briefly visit the Brazilian side? restaurant recommendations.

All help greatly appreciated.

Richard

terry w
Username: Whatsit4

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

In Feb 2006 I went to Iguazu for two night. My friends and I stayed at the Iguazu Sheraton. Staying there was not a pleasant experience. The service was extremely slow, my friends room smelt very bad and it was far more expensive than staying in the town of Puerto Iguazu. The front desk staff were quite pleasant and staying right in the park was convenient, but the hotel not a pleasant experience. We ate in a restaurant in the town, got a taxi from the hotel who picked us up when we were ready to go home. The meal in the town was excellent. I can't lay my hands on my diary and don't remember the name of the restaurant, but it was recommended by the taxi drive. He, and our Iguazu guide both told us that the hotels in the town were cheaper and the service was better. You do need a visa to visit the Brazilian side( if your from North America, it was about $120 Canadian when we were there. The most dramatic falls are in Argentina, likely the best view from Brazil. There are several restaurants in the town, the taxi driver recommended two, the one we chose had live music. One evening we ate at the hotel, the service was painfully slow. We had to go and ask a waiter to come and take our order and then it took over 1/2 hour to get the meal and we finally had to get up and ask for a bill.

tw

richard cooperman
Username: Eroica38

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, July 25, 2007 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Tom,

Thanks for the heads up. I had heard similar things about the Iguazu Sheraton. We are looking for an hotel in town on the Argentine side. I am investigating Hotel Cataratas as an alternative.

Richard

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration