Calafate in August Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Calafate in August « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ed Kearns
Username: Roscoe

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Can someone please recommend a good place to stay in El Calafate? We will be arriving around August 24, and our priamry mission is to see the glaciers. Some places I have researched don't begin their season until September. I'm willing to spend a bit of money for convenient access to the glaciers, but not the $1500/night I saw at one resort. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1199
Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Try Kapenke.

Username: Landmark

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 8:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I my name is Facundo, I can help you for free if you want. My future business will be based in connections between this two beautiful countries. I was born in argentina but I live here (Miami) now.Please give me some detail and I can research for you.
Kind Regards, Facundo

Landmark

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 6:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto,gracias por la eficiente administracion de este forum.

Gracias Travelsur tambien por el exclente servicio.

Ed Kearns

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Facundo,
My wife and I will be in Calafate in August, probably arriving on the 24th. We want to see the glaciers, and we're not sure if it's best to stay in town or stay somewhere en route to the glaciers. The other issue is whether or not the hotel/resort/estancia is open before September. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Landmark

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ed,
Let me tell you, you've chosen one of the most beautiful pleaces to visit!. Give me some days please, I need to do some research and talk with my contacts in Argentina,(Don't worry, I do not sell anything, this is free).So, we have "El Calafate" and our goal is to find a cheap and good place to stay. Let me see !!!

Kind Regards, Facundo

Landmark

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ed,
It was easy, we're almost there. I've spoken with a friend in Buenos Aires and this week he will send me by mail some contact names of "El Calafate. Secretaría Municipal de Turismo", and I will call them and ask what places are open before september, prices and that stuff. I'll post all information here as soon I confirm that it is reliable, and I'll try post all links,webs, or phone numbers in order to others can take advantage too. If you have any place that you think that can be good, I can call them for you(In spanish), and do the research.

Kind Regards, Facundo.

Ed Kearns

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 8:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mucahs Gracis, Facundo. I look forward to seeing what you discover.

Landmark

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, July 30, 2007 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ed,
I'm back. After a basic research I found this information. 4 to 5 star hotels range between 150 and 350 at night, no 1500 as someone told you. Now, it is true that most of the ranches or excursions are available after september 1. It is due to the low temperatures and its consecuences (low demand, cost, etc). Here are some useful links, I've spoken with some hotels pesonally and they're open in august. Also I called some business in the area and the activities never stop, just slow down. Here are the links where I called, so you can do it too.

1) http://www.turismo.elcalafate.gov.ar/ (Main Goverment Turism Agency of "ElCalafate")

2)If you go to "alojamientos" at this link (1), a wide list of places are available and most of them have prices and pictures.

So, Ed, Take any useful information and let me know what else I can help you with, let me know if you want that I call someone (hotel, contact, etc), I talk all day (24 hs)to Argentina for 2 dollars, so it is free for me!. I hope my information can help you a least a little bit.
Cordiales Saludos, Facundo

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration