Buenos Aires Sept. 23-29 Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Buenos Aires Sept. 23-29 « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sandra
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My husband and I will be visiting Buenos Aires for the first time in late September. What weight of clothes should I pack? Sandals or closed toe shoe for day? For night? Lots of rain? What activities would you suggest? Will we be able to sit outside to eat or will it be too cold?

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 46
Posted on Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Sandra and welcome!
It will already be spring by then, but still just a little chilly. Not cold. For comparison purposes weather will resemble a lot San Fransisco's. The average number of days above 70F are about 9, but for the most part temperatures hover around the 60s. Rain is at a yearly low during september but at a yearly high in October. I think you will be ok though. Most of October's rain tends to happen later throughout the month.

I think weather may be somewhat cold for sandals but since you will be doing a lot of walking, comfortable shoes are in order. For nights, you can definitely dress up a bit. You will more likely be able to sit outside in the afternoons while the sun is out, in places like La Recoleta, hanging out drinking wonderful cappucinos and stuff, but at nights you may need a light coat possibly. As for activities, there are too numerous to list here and the people at your place of stay will be able to recommend you many choices. A few things you should not miss are a diner at a tango show, visiting some of the recycled malls (Galeria Pacifico, an old station or Abasto, an old fruits and vegetables market), walking through La Recoleta parks and just trying every possible restaurant. Food is not only cheap, it is excellent too.

Sandra
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Test

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration