Late 2005-Early 2006 Travel to Argentina Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Late 2005-Early 2006 Travel to Argentina « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mercedes M. Ortiz
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dear friends,

I am planning a vacation with my family to Argentina and would like to see as many places as possible. It will be from Dec 26, 2005 to January 5, 2006, more or less. We are 2 adults, 2 seniors (65+) and 3 children (12,7,5).
We need advice on places, hotels, itinerary, etc. As a minimum, would like to see Buenos Aires, Iguazu, and Patagonia; maybe Mendoza. Please advise on weather also (we are from Puerto Rico, in the Caribbean). Thanks a bunch.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 34
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Welcome Mercedes!
It is a good idea to start planning your trip as of now since the time you have chosen to travel might be quite busy. Last year, Argentina was packed from north to south and I imagine this year will be the same.

You can get a jump start by reading this page where we have outlined the most important destinations in Argentina although you seem to have a pretty good idea of what you want. For a trip that may take 10/11 nights I would not plan on seeing more than 3 areas, specially since you will be a large, mixed group. The weather is usually great around December. Iguazu will be somewhat hot and humid but if you travel to Patagonia temperatures will compensate. Buenos Aires has been changing its weather as unusual as this may sound... Perhaps because of global warming. Traditionally, it is hot and humid but not as much as Miami, for example. I imagine that our summer is going to be mild to anyone coming from the caribbean. Anyway, last summer I had to sleep with a cover because nights were surprisingly chilly. At least till mid Jan.

A preliminary itinerary may cover 3 nights in Buenos Aires, 3 nights in Iguazu and 4 nights in Bariloche. This would cover a vast region of our country. If you want to add Mendoza, you can take a day from Iguazu and add one more to the total and visit that region for a couple of nights but I personally would not recommend this. Too much of a stress. I will pass on this information to the team in Buenos Aires and ask them to prepare a sketch of what your trip may look like, together with some pricing. Expect to hear from Erna in the coming days. Thank you for stopping by.

Dave and Marie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

We are in Buenos Aires in November on Honeymoon. We are thinking of staying in the Palermo Chico district. We want somewhere fairly quiet but where we can easily access other areas of Buenos Aires. Is Palermo Chico right for us?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Roberto
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Welcome Dave and Marie!

Palermo chico is traditionally a quite place but is very close to 2 major venues (Libertador Ave. and Figueroa Alcorta) which may see traffic jams at rush hour. I am surprised about this location since there aren't many hotels here. This is a very exclusive residential area, a favorite of foreign embassies and consulates. If you can stay here you can enjoy a nice, peaceful time provided you are *inside* the district, away from the avenues. Make sure the neighborhood you will be staying at is Palermo chico and not Palermo viejo or Palermo Hollywood, which are all very different.

Palermo Chico is just a few minutes drive from Plaza Francia, la Recoleta and exclusive shopping malls. Great exclusive location !!

Gail Gonzalez
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2005 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm traveling to Rosario in December/January for about 15 days. I know there's not that much to see in Rosario. Is there any place that is cose-by that I can visit?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration