Suburbs of ba? Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » Suburbs of ba? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

ron
Username: Ronlv

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 2:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

if you were looking for 20 acres with trees close to ba and has good elementry schools.

where would it be?

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1097
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ron, that is not a small piece of land (about 8 hectares) considering you also want nearby development and proximity to Buenos Aires. Perhaps in the area of Ezeiza and south you may find land availble with such requirements (no farming). Otherwise you may have to compromise proximity and look further west (General Rodriguez).

(Message edited by admin on May 15, 2007)

ron

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

roberto thanks

what would be the best area near ba where i can get at least 4 hectares for our house and to ride our motorcycles on.

and i need a good elementry school

the reason i say near ba is because my wife loves to shop, she can not be to far from stores

is there other cities with lots of shopping with more land around it

and we like trees for privacy

is there areas for motorcyle riding

thanks, ron

elina overstadt
Username: Agustina

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am not sure if what you are looking for exists...Suburbs in BA are usually pretty congested affairs. In the Northern Suburbs (20-30 minutes from the centro)a large lot is 1000m2 and the neighborhood is busy and noisy..there are "countries" and barrios cerrados further out of the city. Here you have slightly larger lots set inside wide open spaces that are shared..some have golf courses, riding stables, futbol and polo fields. There are some that have groceries and schools inside the compounds. These are relatively new and some do not have mature trees yet. To have 20 acres of your own might be difficult..there isnt much in between the suburbs and the estancias for farming. I think once you are outside the suburbs and the barrios cerrados..schools and access to shopping is going to be a problem

ron

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

are there other cities in argentina where there is plenty of shopping, good schools and larger pieces of land with trees

also no snow

are there areas for offroad motorcycle riding

thanks, ron

elina overstadt
Username: Agustina

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Cordoba...Mendoza. There is definitely snow in the mountains in the winter and occasionally in town but there would be more places to go on your motorcycle and larger lots of land. But again even in these locals..land tends to be residential (-5000m2) or land for farming use. I dont know what your expectations are for schools..in the centers of these cities (Cordoba is 1.2million+)you might find reasonable private bi-lingual schools but they wont have a lot of choices and might not be the best fit for expats.
I can share an experience of trying to send my kids to a private school in Patagonia if you are interested.

Agus

ron

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

yes i am interested in any info you can help me with

thanks, ron

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration