So American Air Passes Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » So American Air Passes « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kathy Sullivan
Username: Kathy

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 3:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I just was checking out the web page for Aerolineas Argentinas and they have two different coupon passes that they offer. The So American Pass and the Mercoser pass. I gather that the pass price is contingent on the amount of miles that you want to travel.

My husband and I will be in Argentina for three weeks in March and early April. Our son is marrying a woman from Cordoba. We would like to see lots of Argentina but the country is so big I thought that these passes might be the answer. Do you have any information on them? I am also having a hard time finding out the distance between stops to add up the miles I might cover. What will the weather be in March/April in the Andes and Tierra Del Fuego? Too cold to enjoy the scenery?

Sorry for all the questions thanks for all the help we can get. Actually this is probably only the beginning of the questions.

Kathy

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 933
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kathy, welcome!

Weather should be fine with the caveat that you will be visiting the southernmost city in the planet :-) To check historic data as well as current conditions you can visit this page.

I checked the one for AA and understood things differently. I think the So pass requires 'countries' as opposed to argentine cities destinations. Same for Mercosur. You may want to check with their staff but I think what you want is the old 'visit Argentina' pass which now seems to be an improved version where you can arrange a do-it-yourself itinerary at preferential prices. It appears there are no mileage limitations and the pricing for each leg is already set.

This is what I would do. Pick up those destinations you are interested in. Prices on this chart are one ways, so all you need to do is add them up and oila! So if you arrive in Buenos Aires with AA and want to fly to Cordoba, the cost will be usd $99 (1 way). If you arrive in Buenos Aires using another airline, the cost will be usd $152. You can then go on *building* your trip...

Study this chart carefully as you may need to connect through Baires depending on your departure city. If you are in Cordoba and wish to visit Bariloche, the chart indicates there will be a connection in BA (no direct flights).

Kathy Sullivan
Username: Kathy

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Roberto, I think you are right - I read 2 countries up to 10 stops. But when I called AA they said that it was much cheaper to go using their chart. That is not what I understood at all, so I guess I burned too many midnight candles trying to figure it all out. Or I was just being blonde.

Kathy

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 935
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

> Or I was just being blonde

Blonde is good in Argentina, don't worry. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration