New travel regulations for the wester... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Destinations in Argentina » New travel regulations for the western hemisphere « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 905
Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2006 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This may be of interest to some of you.

I don't see too much of a new thing but here is the link about WHTI.

Excerpt
The Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 requires the Department of Homeland Security and Department of State to develop and implement a plan to require all travelers, U.S. citizens and foreign nationals alike, to present a passport or other document, or a combination of documents, that denote identity and citizenship when entering the United States. Congress amended portions of the Act in 2006. The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative is the Administrationís proposed plan to implement this mandate.

Beginning January 23, 2007, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling by air between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda will be required to present a valid passport, Air NEXUS card, or U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document, or an Alien Registration Card, Form I-551, if applicable.

Q.What is the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative?

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) will require all travelers to and from Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean and Bermuda to present a passport or other accepted document that establishes the bearerís identity and nationality to enter or re-enter the United States. The goal is to strengthen border security and facilitate entry into the United States for U.S. citizens and legitimate international travelers.

This affects the entire western hemisphere.

I take advantage of this opportunity to wish everyone here (and not here) a merry Christmas and an excellent 2007!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Riyad Anabtawi
Intermediate Member
Username: Riyada

Post Number: 130
Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2006 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You said it Roberto.. Nothing new here. Using my passport has always been a regular thing in the past and until now.
New, would be not needing it.. That would be nice!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration