Working Loft Spaces in BA? Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Living in Argentina » Working Loft Spaces in BA? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve Barrell
Username: Steve_nc_eeuu

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My first (but certainly not my last) post in this forum.

I'm planning to move to BA next year. I've owned genuine "working lofts" (not those hideous and pretentious apartment "loft" thingies) in NY, Amsterdam and now Durham, NC.

I hope to acquire a big empty space of about 200-300m2 in BA. I've received mixed information on whether such spaces are available. Can someone tell me where such spaces might be found and very roughly at what sort of price. I don't mind refurbishing an industrial space, though this'll be the fourth (and hopefully last) time I do a full renovation. I really don't want to live in a space with walls, so any suggestion is heartily welcomed!

BTW, I'll be making my first visit this July.

Steve

movingtoargentina.typepad.com
Username: Sapphos

Post Number: 26
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Steve,
There are probably some loft spaces like you're looking for but they may not be in areas you really want to live in. However, what comes to mind immediately is maybe what here is called a PH (pay hache) which are often in that size range and can be opened up easily usually in cool old buildings and in some great upcoming areas like palermo soho, viejo and hollywood.

I'm sure other people may have some ideas as well.
Laura

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 527
Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Someone posted a thread about 'Barracas' becoming the new hot thing. Barracas is an old neighborhood to the south of the city. By the way, Buenos Aires is really big and has an "industrial belt" surrounding it, so there should be lots and lots of places that may appeal to you, like old warehouses or loft-looking spaces. But you must spend plenty of time visiting off-the-beaten path areas. Specially right on the city limits, cross the 'riachuelo'. Living conditions may not be optimal in this spots and bad smell can sometimes be a problem.

None of this will be in a turisty route and the only way to come across such spots -which may have little demand- is by living there. You could easily find larger spaces in areas that may not be as pretty or as convenient. But safety will be an issue for sure!! I mean daily!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration