Argentine law vs. Spanish law Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Blog | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Living in Argentina » Argentine law vs. Spanish law « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gayle
Username: Flaka

Post Number: 92
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't know if this is the correct forum but here is my question: My elderly mother-in-law has a banker in Spain who handles her checking account. Recently he had her sign over a valuable painting of my deceased father and took it back to Spain where he resides.

Would this come under Argentine law or Spanish law so I would know which avenue to follow to try to get it back and start an investigation into the background of this person? Thank any and all who can guide me in the right direction.

Carmen
Username: Carmen

Post Number: 34
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Gayle,

I am not sure if I understand the situation.

Could you please explain what do you mean with "he had her sign over a valuable painting"

Other information as what nationality she is, where does she live, is she a resident in case she is a foreigner, how old is she, is she mentally healthy or not, by what means the painting left the country, who bought the painting not the name but the nationality and possition, what type of paperwork completed the transaction, etc.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 2071
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

All great questions by Carmen... and following her lead:

* a closer look at the signed contract may be in order: where was it signed, was the signature notarized and where. Provided there is a contract, this paper may have additional notes in reference to how disputes should be handled, which jurisdiction, etc.

Gayle
Username: Flaka

Post Number: 93
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto,

Thank you for your input. I shall look into this.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration