Retirement Homes Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Blog | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Living in Argentina » Retirement Homes « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gayle
Username: Flaka

Post Number: 90
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My husband's mother's doctor has advised us she needs to be placed in a retirement home because she is no longer able to care for herself and all of her live-in help do not stay because she is verbally abusive to them. The neighbors are afraid she might set the building on fire if she is left alone. Can anyone direct us how to find a nice, moderately priced retirement home? We would look into them and then make appointments to visit and check them out. We would need to have some ideas of nice places so we can arrange for our flights to BA from the US to check them out. Unfortunately, she has alienated all family members living in BA so no one wants to assist with this.

I thank anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 2070
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 12:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Gayle, do you still have my mother's email address? She can probably recommend one or two places as we had relatives who needed this special care.

Gayle
Username: Flaka

Post Number: 91
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 9:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dear Roberto,

How are you and your family? I believe I do have her email address. I will write to her and ask. So nice to hear from you. We haven't been back to BA for two years. Miss it very much.

Arial
Advanced Member
Username: Arial

Post Number: 366
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto, I have a friend here who has chronic fatigue syndrome and really has a hard time. She is Argentine. She said she really needs to be somewhere like that and I said doesn't Argentina have anything like that. She said they do but she will never go there because if you do you lose all your rights and you never get out.

Is there any truth in this and do you know what she's talking about? She is 66 and doesn't seem that sick except for the extreme tiredness I often can see in her eyes. She has to spend quite a few hours a day resting.

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 2079
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 - 1:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Arial, sorry for the late reply. Many personal issues getting on the way of taking care of this forum.

I am not familiar with situations where residents may lose their rights if in a retirement home. Doesn't sound right. Maybe she is describing figuratively what happens... like elderly being abused. Your friend seems being too tired for 66 years of age. Maybe she has some medical condition... anemia, etc. I also wonder if there is some confusion between a nursing home and a retirement home.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration