Liver Cancer - Surgeons in Argentina Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Blog | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Living in Argentina » Liver Cancer - Surgeons in Argentina « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 2056
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2011 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This is personal.

I gave it some thought and realized it might help others who perhaps are also struggling with the disease.

A very close relative had secondary liver cancer. The original malignant tumor was in the colon which was resected over 5 years ago by Dr. Bernaudo (sincere thank you!). Everything went well and the patient fully recovered. However, this year, a PET scan discovered a lesion in the right portion of the liver. As a result, the patient had a right hepatectomy performed by which half the liver and the gallbladder got resected. The surgery was performed at Sanatorio Mater Dei by Dr. Rodolfo Russi and his team. He is the head of the liver unit at the clinic.

It took about 3 1/2 hours, so shorter than average. About 2 1/2 days in intensive care unit and another 2 days in secondary care. By the 5th day the patient was back home with only mild discomfort. The whole process went smooth although such a complex surgery is always an stressful event. Mild pain persisted for 10 days.

It's been almost 3 weeks since the surgery was performed and the patient is recovering very well, going by the day normally. Eating almost everything you can imagine, even dining out. Although we were warned about fatigue lasting for a few months.

If anyone has the need or wants to explore this subject further contact me privately and I will make available Dr. Russi's contact information.

My deepest thanks to Dr. Russi and his colleagues for the highest level of professionalism and their reassurance. Extensive to her PCP Dr. Gabriel Fueyo and her Oncologist Dr. Recondo.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration