Health Insurance/Prepaga-Obras sociales Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Living in Argentina » Health Insurance/Prepaga-Obras sociales « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Marilin
Username: Marilin

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, October 11, 2009 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My husband is from Argentina and he's lived in the U.S. for 35 years. We would like to retire to Argentina but are having a hard time putting things together. For example, my sister in law who lives in BA advises he make his "aporte" for his retirement, I think he has to pay in a bout 5 years worth or something like that. Aditionally we would like to purchase a health insurance plan(a good one)now and become members of una obra social. Should we speak to an accountant as well as a lawyer to help us with all the legalities. Where should we start?
If anyone can help me sort these things out we would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1939
Posted on Monday, October 12, 2009 - 7:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Marilin, an accountant is probably the right choice. They keep up with the latest regulations regarding taxes. I can offer you an email address and your husband can deal with her in spanish. Making an aporte towards a possible pension is probably a good idea but I am not sure how this is handled. For locals who are behind payments, they usually wait for that time when the government issues a "moratoria impositiva" that helps people get up to date with their payments by forgiving them a large part of what is owed.

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1940
Posted on Monday, October 12, 2009 - 8:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

An accountant may also offer you some preliminary ideas regarding medical plans. But the focus of your homework should be visiting each medical insurance office in person and becoming acquainted with benefits and costs for each.

movingtoargentina.typepad.com
Intermediate Member
Username: Sapphos

Post Number: 135
Posted on Monday, October 12, 2009 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Marilin,

If you're interested in checking our Medicus, I would refer you to Beatriz Tort. She works out of the Medicus office in the northern Suburbs. I can get her contact info if you'd like just let me know :-) She's a fabulous person with awesome customer service. She made sure we had just the right amount of insurance when we were thinking to get pregnant but never oversold us on things we didn't need. Her English if pretty good (not perfect but decent) so you should be able to talk fine. I really can't say enough good things about her - I've referred lots of people to her over the last couple of years and I have never heard anyone say they were unhappy with her services :-)

Laura
Ebook Moving to and Living in Buenos Aires, Argentina
http://movingtoargentina.typepad.com

Marilin
Username: Marilin

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto, I would really appreciate the email and telephone number if you have of the accountant you mentioned so my husband can contact her.
You're absolutely right about our homework. I have been doing some research on the internet and it is absolutely overwelming. There are so many different opinions and experiences out there we are really afraid. I hear wondeful things about CEMIC,Hospital Aleman and Medicus and Swiss Medical but the most promising so far are the obras sociales OSDE and OSDEPYM. I think this is the reason why we need a professional like an accountant to help us.
I also want to thank you Laura for the info on Medicus and I would really appreciate it if you'd send me the contact information for Beatriz so we can contact her.

If anyone has more information about any of the companies I mentioned, please let me know.
Thanks!
Marilin

Roberto
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1941
Posted on Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am sending you a pm. If you reply, do not hit the "reply" button but look for the email return address. This pm system is not that easy.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration