Drinking water Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Living in Argentina » Drinking water « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

sean cahoon
Username: Sean123456

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, September 03, 2009 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto:

I am from America. I am in BA for 3 weeks. Should I boil water first before I drink it? Please remember that if you are a local person you would not have to boil the water because you would be used to it.

Thank You!!

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1917
Posted on Thursday, September 03, 2009 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sean, this has been asked before here and I think it was american expats -members of the forum- who said there is really no need to boil tap water in Buenos Aires. Having said this, I have always preferred bottled water. Just a personal choice.

WTMendoza.com
Advanced Member
Username: Welcometomendoza

Post Number: 467

Posted on Friday, September 04, 2009 - 7:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think it is a matter of common sense. Most older cities in the world have parts of their water delivery piping system that are very old, subject to breaches, etc, etc. I lived in San Diego, California for 5 years and saw documented unbelievable things show up in the aqua duct systems like jet fuel, feces, and other stuff that just ain't right. Good luck.

Bill Howard
Username: Veritas01

Post Number: 72
Posted on Friday, September 04, 2009 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I alway drink tap water when I am in Argentina with no ill effects (Buenos Aires, Mar del Plata, Bahia Blanca, Cordoba, etc.). I do drink bottled water when I am out and about mainly because that is what is available, its cheap and cold and the taste is arguably better and virtually everyone else drinks bottled water. I don't ever recall a restaurant serving tap water with ice as you see in the US. Remember that ice is made from the local water, food is washed in the local water and it is used in preparation of many types of food and drinks so it virtually impossible to avoid. The good news is it is safe to drink.

sean cahoon
Username: Sean123456

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, September 04, 2009 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you for that answer Bill. It seems sometimes I smell a little chlorine in the water here, but I will relax now lolz,

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration