Real Estate in Argentina for life - n... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Living in Argentina » Real Estate in Argentina for life - not just investment « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Keith Mangan
Username: Kreation

Post Number: 28
Posted on Friday, June 19, 2009 - 11:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,
I'm posting this in the hope that there are a couple of people looking for property outside of my immediate group.Most of the expats within our lot are always looking for bits and pieces.
The trouble is we only get to hear one sided stories past down from one expat to another.
Recoleta good....San Telmo Goodish.Palermo Great..etc..etc.etc
Fact of the matter is we know wvery little about this city and its pros and cons, and I for one want to know a little bit more.
Myself I have found the most beautiful areas off the tourist map but within city limits and other locations worth a lok at ouside of the city.
Anyhow, I'm going to post something below that I have put in other forums,the aim being to get sales people and investors together in one place.

Roberto if I have posted in the wrong area please rename and move..Thanking you.

I would love to hear from anyone looking for or selling property in Argentina.

K

Hello
Iím an Ex-pat with a longing to purchase something in Buenos Aires. My problem is honesty. I have been coming here for 8 years and have been living here for two and a half .Right now I am married with a young child and am looking for a place to live. I am open to apartment living ..as long as there is a terrace..but would prefer something with a garden..ie in the burbs. Iím not stuck to an area ,we just want a quality of life and all that goes with it.
I said my problem is honesty..I have a hard time justifying the prices charged for property here in BA and would like a bit of clarification. I have heard the sales pitch and I know the different barrios , I also know that written price is a hell of a lot different from actual sales price. I have been through the good and the bad here and seen the ok and the completely terrible but have yet to find what fits.
My proposal is to find as many people as possible, who search this forum, who are interested in buying and selling, to get together and discuss the pros and cons of different areas in BA. Itís not a con, its plain good old fashioned talking., If someone can sell me the area then the M2 comes next.
I donít know about everyone else but Iím damned if Iím buying Palermo soho at 2500 a m2 when I remember it being 600 a m2.Nice is nice but robbery is robbery. I live close enough to Serrano but I can guarantee I didnít pay that price. Chances are if you are reading this you are an expat looking for property.
This is a long shot but if you are interested in buying or selling Iím willing to organize a meet up where everyone can pitch their stuff, the good the bad and the downright uglyÖÖÖ
Iím hoping to get a reply or two and see what everyone is looking for. Personally I am in contact with loads of consultants and estate agents and if enough replies come in maybe we can make a group with a genuine concern..Buying something without listening to the BS.
I have been to ,and left, a lot of the Barrios within Capital and Zona Norte and am looking for a collaboration of minds to get a good price and good location , something that hopefully benefit s us all.
If anyone wants to share their thir stories or vent frustration Iíd love to hear about it, at the same time if anyone wants to learn more about areas outside of Recoleta and Soho or knows more Iíd love to sit back and organize something.
If you have a genuine interest in buying or selling within Capital or Surrounding areas please reply.

This message will be posted in different areas

Legal Requirements.
**K is Not an Agent
**K is Not Soliciting
**K is Not happy with Dishonesty
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1870
Posted on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 2:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Honesty is always a good start.

The province of Buenos Aires is as big as France. The city of Buenos Aires is very large, taking into account outskirts it is even larger. What I am trying to say is that Keith is right in that there are plenty of quiet, family friendly, down to earth neighborhoods where properties may carry lower premiums, specially if one can avoid the "foreigner" one.

Not sure how many people will respond. We have many service providers as members and perhaps less of those who may want to become long term owners. But this forum is spidered and indexed by all search engines and this thread, on time, may gain visibility. Good luck to you!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration