SLINGBOX in Argentina Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Living in Argentina » SLINGBOX in Argentina « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gabriela
Username: Gabyrink

Post Number: 20

Posted on Monday, May 25, 2009 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I live in the US but would like to watch Argentinean TV here. Does anyone have any experience with a SLINGBOX? (I purchased one and gave it to my family there but they don't know how to make it work.)I'd appreciate any help.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Howard
Username: Veritas01

Post Number: 65
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 8:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

JumpTV offers Telefe International over the web in broadband quality for $9.95 a month. I subscribe for my wife who is Argentine. She can watch it on her laptop, desktop computer or on our big screen TV (I bought an old computer and I have it hooked up to the web and our TV). You could also just hook your laptop to your TVs auxilliary inputs to enjoy it on your tv. Telefe international has the news several times a day as well as Susana, quiz shows, soaps and other programming. Other TV stations, TN24 for example, are also available over the web at no cost but the quality is not terrific as they are not in real broadband...but still watchable. Some cable companies and the satellite companies offer some Spanish language programming that include Argentine television...general Telefe and Utilisima (a cooking channel). Check what is available in your area as you may be able to add it to your current service fairly cheaply.

Goggle Argentina TV and you will find quite a few sites that will offer channels for free. Some will try and trick you into buying or subscribing to services though everything they offer is free on the web..they just aggregate it for you by country. You can do that yourself with some concentrated searching. (JumpTV is an exception..it is legitimate and I have used it for years). If I have time later I will post the urls for the channels I know broadcast for free over the web..there are also tons of radio stations avaialble that way too...plus of course online editions of Clarin and other Argentine newspapers.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration