Where IS everyone? Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Living in Argentina » Where IS everyone? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Arial
Advanced Member
Username: Arial

Post Number: 251
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have been missing messages from the forum. I even went to the web site to read directly thinking I had fallen through the crack but the place seems to be vacated.

I changed my email to arialxxxxx@live.com. I went to the Edit Profile section and looked everywhere for a way to change my email contact but couldn't find it. I find how to change everything else but not that. My netzero account is officially closed today so I won't be able to get back there.
I wrote Roberto that I couldn't figure out how to change my email and, wonder of wonders, no reply from Roberto. That is REALLY unusual. So I tried to reregister and it told me I am too young and to leave the web page immediately. I clicked the link that was there and it took me to the Disney web site!
I know that maybe everyone has lost interest. But if someone will drop me an email I'd really be interested to know where you guys and gals all went. I'm still in the US trying to settle things here so I can get back to Argentina. It's taking a little while. Mom died in March but probably will be finished here within the month.

Wherever you guys went, I miss you. Arial

(Message edited by admin on September 10, 2008)

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1738
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, Arial.

I have been very busy... The forum still works and there have been numerous postings in the last few weeks, the regulars still contribute. I am thinking you are not receiving the alerts... I will try to catch up in the next day or so.

If you were sent to "Disney" I imagine you clicked the link "Born after September 10, 1995" on the pre-registration page. Children who are less than 13 years of age aren't allowed here so they are sent there. You do not need to re-register as I will change your account accordingly. But just in case, the link that applies to you would be "Born on or before September 10, 1995".

I have about 750 emails in my inbox unanswered. I also want to apologize to the rest of the crowd for the slack but will be back shortly.

Blame it on this fellow, my son...

Ivan

Ivan at the beach

Ivan in Miami

(Message edited by admin on September 10, 2008)

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1739
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Arial, I have made the changes for you and you should be receiving this last alert to your new email address. For the sake of security and to prevent new spam into your inbox I have replaced part of the address you posted here with the 'x'. As you may know, there are robots sweeping internet pages to pick up email addresses they can then spam. I believe the email address in users' consoles is not editable and this has a purpose. This is a safety measure in case the forum gets hacked and someone tries to change them. The line that divides user convenience and safety is always very thin...

Hope all gets positively resolved regarding your mom's last farewell. If you need anything just email me. Oh, one last thing... members will still be able to check the full email address posted in their alerts so they should be able to communicate to you whether they have left or not.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration