IPhone Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Living in Argentina » IPhone « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom
Username: Tomatalki

Post Number: 28
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm in the US now but own an apt in BA. I'll be down for 3 months (Dec, Jan, Feb) this year and more time in BA and less in the US as time goes on. I am planning to buy an iPhone which I see just went on sale in AR. I'm trying to decide whether to buy in the US or AR. The phone is much cheaper in the US but using it for calls or data when out of the US is very expensive. I can't seem to find how much the AR model would cost if I used it in the US for calls and/or data. Does anyone know if the AR model is unlocked? Can a nonresident even buy one or can I buy one and use it for pay as you use it? Lots of questions. Any info on the AR iPhone would be appreciated
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christopher Henson
Username: Sandiegochris

Post Number: 25
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 6:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Tom. I am American living in Argentina. I have a Blackberry with data plan already, but plan to switch to iPhone I bought from AT&T here in the US. My data plan is my assistant's name, she is Argentine. I am not sure foreigners without DNI are able to get any plans in Argentina. It use to be this way a year ago, but could have changed.
I recommend perhaps buying last years model as I am not sure the 3G network is even working in Argentina yet, and it could save you some money buying a used phone.
Hope this helps, please consult with others as I don't know how things are as of late.
Good luck!!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration