Thinking of moving to Cordoba Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Living in Argentina » Thinking of moving to Cordoba « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jodi Robin
Username: Jagdo

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 7:26 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Everyone,

First, I would just like to say that I read this website regularly and I love it. I especially enjoy reading all the posts from Apartmentsba.com. He is very informative not only about Argentina but about the US economy, etc. Props to him.

Anyway, my husband is from Cordoba, Argentina and we are going to visit in a month and stay for two weeks. I was there roughly 4 years ago and I loved it. I really loved how everything was so affordable. Supposedly, that has changed a bit. My question is this, we are a family of three (my son is 3 years old) and we would love to live in Cordoba for a couple of years. It would be wonderful to enroll my son in a preschool where he can learn fluent Spanish. I also want to learn Spanish. We would have an income of $700 US dollars per month. Can we make it? Is there any way we could love on such a small sum? Please give me your thoughts.

Thank you in advance!!

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1591
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Jodi, welcome. If it were Buenos Aires I would say definitely not. Cordoba may be somewhat cheaper and depending on where in Cordoba you may be able to save in food and rental. Since your husband is from Cordoba and may have relatives or friends, would the stay be already solved or is there a need for renting?

Yes, prices have gone up quite a bit and the expectation is that they will remain on the rise.

(Message edited by admin on March 14, 2008)

Jodi Robin
Username: Jagdo

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 9:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Roberto,

Thanks so much for your reply. We will need to rent if we do move to Cordoba. Can you please give me an idea as to how much money will realistically need on a monthly basis to live in Cordoba, Argentina now?

Thanks so much!

Jodi

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration