Monotributo Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Living in Argentina » Monotributo « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

shimaina
Username: Shimaina

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This forum is very interesting thanks! I am argentine, my husband is Irish and we are moving to Argentine in May/June. When he said he was leaving the company he was offered the possibility of putting together a Business plan for them to evaluate the possibility of setting up an office in Buenos Aires. ( he is an associate).
Maybe you could help me to find some “ good reasons” for them to invest in our schizophrenic , but charismatic country! hehe!
My main question is related to the advantages of lower costs of hiring people in argentine.
Do you know if its possible to hire people if he becomes a Monotributista? Does anyone knows the costs involved in this? And how it works? How the numbers work for an xxxx salary?

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1568
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

> schizophrenic , but charismatic country!

You got that right, Shimaina. And... welcome!

Not a comprehensive answer and not really 'legal' (you should contact a tax lawyer/accountant), but this is my contribution: the monotributo has been set up to help simplify taxing specific categories of work, such as professionals (lawyers, architects, pyschoanalists) and some service providers (like maids). I would not know about direct employees of a firm but it is unlikely.

In general, once it can be proved a person has done work for you in a continuous basis then the employer is at a disadvantage. This is the background sentiment. You will still have to get the details from an expert. The lower costs of hiring argentines can quickly escalate if you run into problems (firings > compensations).

As for good reasons for investing... There are some, but that will depend on the specific business your husband is in. Unless we have more details it is virtually impossible to determine if there are comparative advantages. An example, call centers have set up shop here and surprisingly, cost of labor wasn't the most favored reason but the ability to communicate in the same terms as counterparts in the US as well as similar time zones. There seems to be a difference in thinking between countries on the western hemisphere and those in the eastern side, like India. This same concept applies to the software industry which is thriving, in spite of being more expensive than the country mentioned earlier.

shimaina
Username: Shimaina

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Roberto thanks so much for your answer. Your general Knowledge is amazing!. I think its mandatory to contact an accountant! We'll see how it goes and keep you posted.
Thanks.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration