Receiving mail from the UK, and bank ... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Living in Argentina » Receiving mail from the UK, and bank accounts « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Adam Walker
Username: Adam_walker

Post Number: 71
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 5:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Morning to everyone!

I have been searching through the threads for something that could advise me on the safest way of receiving mail/letters from overseas - I have an important document that needs sending to me and would rather not use the normal methods

secondly - can any of the budding entrepreneurs on here advise me on a bank that offers good Business Accounts? I will be getting paid monthly by a UK firm, so ideally I would find a bank that has low charges for such international transactions...

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1561
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 6:26 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

For business bank, try COMAFI. If they are going to wire you money every month you will need to "liquidar divisas" with the central bank on every transaction. The bank will do this for you but you will have to provide some documents and fill out some papers.

Important docs > fedex, ups or dhl.

Simon Fawkes
Username: Expatba

Post Number: 60

Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 6:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Adam

I don't know if this is appropriate to your circumstances or not, but if you are being paid by a UK firm you might want to consider getting the money paid into a Nationwide account. Nationwide is the only UK bank that doesn't charge for overseas withdrawals from ATMs. That way you can withdraw funds in Argentina as and when you need them without cost. They don't screw you on the exchange rate either.

I hope this helps

Simon Fawkes
Author, The Complete Guide To Real Estate Investment in Argentina, ISBN 1430303980, http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1430303980

WTMendoza.com
Intermediate Member
Username: Welcometomendoza

Post Number: 159

Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 8:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

For courier services, don't forget EMS, which is a trackable courier postal offering - it is a system agreed upon by over 100 counties in the world. It is not marketed becuase the post offices like to market their more expensive products.
Example: USA to Argentina for docs is 3 to 5 days with tracking number, trackable ober the web, and 1/2 the price of Fedex, UPS, and DHL.

Adam Walker
Username: Adam_walker

Post Number: 73
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks to all!

I need to transfer money into staff accounts too, so I don't think a Nationwide account in the UK will work...

WOuld anyone advise using Citi, Banco Santander, Banco Galicia, Patagonia etc etc? I was impressed with Standard Bank today,
BBVA were a disaster, HSBC seem epensive...

I'll see if EMS have oprations in the UK (I imagine they do)...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration