Buying a car in Argentina Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Living in Argentina » Buying a car in Argentina « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Xander
Username: Xandersal

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hola todo,

I've been living in the Bariloche area for awhile now and came across a Canadian woman living here who says she is unable to buy a car because she is not able to get an Argentine taxid. She was told that the "law changed" and now people who do not have residence cannot get a taxid now, and because of that, cannot buy a car.

I've been here for three years and I was able to get a taxid and buy my car in November of 2004.

I would like to help this new friend as I know how difficult these small things can be to overcome, and how discouraging they can be.

Does anyone know what is going on? Is this a problem in Buenos Aires also?

WTMendoza.com
Username: Welcometomendoza

Post Number: 49

Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 5:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Xander, call up the AFIP yourself if you want to hear the truth. They even have a lot of their web page in English now: AFIP
good luck..I wonder who told your friend that, maybe there was a mis-understanding in the conversation.

(Message edited by admin on November 07, 2007)

Xander
Username: Xandersal

Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 7:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quite possible there was a misunderstanding. (That often happens here.) I believe it was the AFIP office in Bariloche, but I'll have to confirm that.

My Spanish is not good enough to converse in detail over the phone. I'll suggest she get a translator to call AFIP.

David
Username: Dc2elbolson

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Xander,

Did your Canadian friend find out if she can get a CDI? Is there an AFIP office in Bariloche that gives out CDIs?

Also, to register a used car, does one need a DNI? If not, what is required in terms of documentation? Where does one go to do this?

Muchas gracias,

David

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration