Where to live in ba??? Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Living in Argentina » Where to live in ba??? « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

joseph
Username: Joezeiter

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am a 26 year old medical student moving to Argentina for one month in March. I am coming to do some medical work through a company that helps the indigent population. They offer a family stay program, but I am not really into that. I love to party, and would much rather prefer to rent a 2 bedroom condo somewhere nice, and commute via subway to work. This may, or may not be helpful, but my work is located off Pueyrredon subway station at Junin 1418. My budget is flexible, and I want the to know what part of buenos aires has the best nightlife, and would be the most fun to live in. I know absolutely nothing about the city, but i am fluent in spanish, from my limited research i was thinking of Palermo soho, or hollywood, but again I know very little about either. If anyone could help with suggestions, they would be GREATLY aprreciated. Thanks!!

Mark Ross
Username: Mark_ross

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Palermo for sure! Good choice !!

movingtoargentina.typepad.com
Username: Sapphos

Post Number: 93
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I would definitely consider Palermo SoHo or Hollywood. But have you also considered Las Canitas? Very cool, hip, trendy, lots of nightlife. No further to get to subte than living in SoHo. There are lots of short term rentals there, but don't delay they fill up fast in all teh great locations.

Hope this helps!

Laura
Ebook Moving to and Living in Buenos Aires, Argentina
http://movingtoargentina.typepad.com

larry Rogers
Username: Larryr30

Post Number: 60
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Joseph,
I was in the process of writing a response to you yesterday, when, suddenly I got ADD and continued doing 3 tasks I had forgotten about.

Again, Welcome to the forum: To be specific, the area of Palermo, that is, SoHo, Hollywood and Viejo would be great! Also the area of Las Canitas which is located in Palermo...to be to the point; the block of Dorrego y Luis Maria Del Campo, that is about 3 blocks from the most Posh area of Palermo!

In addition, Defensa y Estados Unidos the zone of San Telmo is a pretty popping spot and you can catch the Belgrano Tube from Plaza de Mayo (about 10blocks from where you would be located).

Other major cross streets in the Middle of it all:
Paraguay y Godoy Cruz, Thames y Charcas etc...the streets I have mentioned are about 3 blocks from action durning the night, close enough to walk and far away enough to get good sleep!

Also, Check out the Puerto Madero side of the city....it's the most expensive, but might be for you!

Hope this helps and I will email you some more, when time is available to do so.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration