Questions about work permit , pls hel... Contact us | Log In | Log Out | Argentina Forums
Travelsur Home | Admin | Register | Edit Profile | Search

Argentina Travel Advice » Living in Argentina » Questions about work permit , pls help me « Previous Next »
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

miracleshsq
Username: Miracleshsq

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 6:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

hi, I'm a software programming guy,and already got the offer from some company in Argentina.

Right now, i need to prepare to apply for the proper visa.But first of all, how can i get the entry permit from Migration Bureau of Argentina?

Pls do me this favor

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1163
Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi... not sure what you mean. Which country/city are you coming from? Most people do not need a visa to enter Argentina. By entry permit you mean a working visa? Most -if not all- paper work is handled via argentine consulates with jurisdiction over your local area.

miracleshsq
Username: Miracleshsq

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, I'm coming from Shanghai,China. The consulate here told me that i need to get the entry permit first before i can apply for the working visa.

Could you give me some material about how to get it?

Roberto
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1168
Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am not familiar with this but it appears you may need some document from a federal office authorizing your trip to Argentina as a worker. Then, you could request a working visa from the consulate. I am surprised the local consulate didn't provide you with specifics. On Monday we will try to call a couple of places here and see what we can find out.

Steven Leslie
Username: Sleslie23

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I tried posting this earlier, but it didn't show up.

I'm in the process of being transferred to Argentina by a US IT company, and have been going through the process. It seems to be almost impossible for you to do as an individual.

The company providing you the contract has to initiate the process in Argentina. They will have to provide personal information about you, including your qualifications for the job (resume, college transcripts, etc.).

Once they have done that, the government office in Argentina notifies the consulate closest to where you live. At that point, you can make an appointment to get the entry permit and begin the process for the work visa.

The Argentine consulate should be able to provide this information, but to my knowledge, they have no authority or ability to initiate the process. Your company should be able to provide you information on this, however. If they can't, you may be in for a long an painful process.

Not sure if it is different coming from China, but this process has already taken over 5 months and I am just at the point where I can get the official entry permit even with having attorneys in the US and Argentina.

There seem to be many variables in the process. Even if all of your paperwork is in order, there are many things that can delay the process. For example, if the company hasn't filed there taxes (which it seems requires a complicated audit), then the Argentine government won't approve the entry permit.

Tom
Advanced Member
Username: Diverdown48

Post Number: 387

Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

what is an entry permit

ten words or less, por favor

attention span, that sort of thing

gracias

Steven Leslie
Username: Sleslie23

Post Number: 10
Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I can define it in 2: Who knows? :-)

Supposedly, it allows you to enter Argentina for work before the official work visa is finalized.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Argentina Directory
(Local resources)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Argentina Forum | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | FORUM GUIDELINES/HELP | Directory Submissions | Travel Directory | Argentina Vacation Administration